Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Dusty Rose

It was my cousin who first introduced Mary Kay cosmetics to me way back when I was in high school. I was still at my lip gloss phase, and I remember saving up for Velocity Facial Cleanser (which smells so good!) and Mary Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss in Pink Diamonds, which was my go-to lippie then. My mom, on the other hand, would always use her trusty Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Toffee, which is a lovely neutral shade. Now that I am long over my lip gloss phase, I'd love to share with you all a super nice shade of lipstick, which is Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Dusty Rose.

Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Dusty Rose (P650.00)

This petal-soft pink is the perfect pastel for year-round wear – just one of so many glamorous shades from the Mary Kay Creme Lipstick collection. The long-wearing, stay-true color glides on with a lightweight, creamy texture for maximum color impact that lasts. Plus, it won’t feather or bleed. It’s even enhanced with vitamin E and a vitamin C derivative to help ward off wrinkle-causing free radicals. And it's fragrance-free with a hint of vanilla flavor.


Mary Kay lipsticks come in a simple yet classy packaging. The product comes with a box, and the lipstick is housed in a sturdy and sleek black tube. The lipstick tube casts off subtle metallic shimmer when light hits it.

Ingredients: 


As much as I like this lipstick, I wish Mary Kay didn't have to include carmine in making this lipstick. Carmine is a red pigment that comes from crushed bugs.


On the top of the cap for all Mary Kay Creme Lipsticks is the actual shade of the lipstick, so you won't have to look at the base just to see the shade name.


Swatch:


At first glance, I thought that I wouldn't like it or use it much, since I'm more into red lipsticks than pinks. But at first swipe, I knew that this pink is a keeper. It's not your usual sweet baby pink shade. This one comes off as warm pink, a "my lips but brighter" shade. (Made that up just now.) This one goes so well with my light complexion, as it instantly gives life and color to my face even if I just wear it alone. It has that lovely peachy pink shade that makes me look fresh and blooming.

As for the texture, I also like since it is creamy without being greasy. It does not bleed nor does it find its way to my teeth. This one has very fine micro-shimmers that is barely noticeable. (I hate obvious shimmer or glitter on my lips.) This lipstick is also pigmented, a light swipe is enough for that super natural no-makeup finish. For the swatch above, I applied straight from the tube, which is how the color payoff actually is. The lipstick has that sweet hint of vanilla, which reminds me of my Mary Kay lip gloss from the past.

I'm loving my first ever Mary Kay lipstick! Do you have a favorite shade from the Mary Kay Creme Lipstick line?

Love,
Helen 

18 comments:

  1. uy, looks nice on you!! where can i buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Noey! :) You can buy this from Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. The problem is, I don't know any MK beauty consultants now since my cousin is in Canada already. :P

      Delete
  2. I love the color! buti ka pa may cupid's bow yung lips ako wala asar lang mag pic ng lipstick review.. hehehe

    650 lang pala yung mary kay i thought mga 800-1000 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eyah! I never noticed my cupid's bow until you pointed it out. Haha! Mag review ka parin ng lippies! :)

      I got surprised too with the price; it's not too expensive after all.

      Delete
  3. hi dear.. eto po ang best seller ng MK i bought one for my younger sister MK Lip creme in ICY PEACH (tomorrow is her birthday so this is one of my gifts to her) hope she likes it =)

    while im loving my MK Lip Liquid Color in SHERBET =)

    and im happy that i have already completed my personalized palette yahoo (ayun makeup ban na ulit) medyo pricey kasi hehehe

    hugs!
    rhain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rhain! I read your comment and immediately searched the shades! :D I'm sure your little sister would love Icy Peach, it's a lovely, natural looking shade. So fresh!

      I think the liquid lip color is a nice concept too. It's perfect for when you want to take a break from usual lipsticks and use something more glossy and moisturizing. The coral shade of Sherbet is perfect for summer too!

      Congrats for completing your palette! Sobrang pricey yan ah, kasi palette palang nila na walang laman mahal na eh. But then, it's a nice (and very posh) investment. :)

      Delete
  4. MK products are really good!! Top of the notch yung performance, so kahit medyo expensive, reasonable pa din :)

    xoxo,
    Angel
    http://angeldiamante.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of that lipstick & it really looks good on you. But the problem is, I don't know where to buy Mary Kay cosmetics here in Cavite. Sad face. >.< Btw, new follower here. Thanks! -Herschel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Herschel! Thanks for following my blog! :) Oh, I have the same problem. I don't know where I can buy MK products too.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry but I haven't come across a dupe for this just yet.

      Delete
  7. I know someone who is selling MK products. 700 yung creme lipstick niya. Message me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, but I still haven't finished mine! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...