Thursday, January 3, 2013

Haul: Landmark | Penshoppe | Bayo

If you take a peek into my closet, you'd see lots of black clothes - LBDs, skirts, pants, and tops. I know I should add more pops of color into my clothes, but whenever I go shopping, I get attracted to black clothes because they look classier, effortlessly stylish, and they make me look fairer. :D I'll share with you some stuff I got from Landmark, Penshoppe, and Bayo.

For current fashion trends (which you aren't sure will last through seasons or years) like peplums and corsets, I think it's okay to go for affordable pieces, since I think they're fun additions to one's closet. Whenever I find a dress that fits me perfectly, I'd buy it, even if it were from the bazaar or from a high-end brand. Luckily, I got mine for cheap at Landmark!

Landmark Peplum Dress

This is the first peplum dress I found that fitted me perfectly, despite it being free-sized. It's actually a one-piece dress, with the striped skirt attached to the peplum top. Since it's short, I like that I can layer another skirt over it to change the look of the dress.

Landmark Polka Dot Corset

I've been searching for a corset that would fit me (meaning it's not too loose), and I can't believe that I found lots of them in Landmark! I love the convenience of corsets - it adds shape (and curves) to your body, plus there's no need for a separate bra since it's already built into the top.

Oxblood Skinny Jeans from Penshoppe

To add life to my closet, I got this pair of oxblood skinny jeans from Penshoppe. I'm currently loving their "Fling" Skinny Jeans line - it's low rise, regular hipster, low-waist, with tapered leg openings. Plus, only their Fling line's smallest size (25 inches) fits me PERFECTLY; jeans from their other styles are too loose for me, so this one becomes my favorite by default. Looks like I'll be visiting Penshoppe more often to be on the lookout for the newest styles from their Fling line.


I love how this color adds a special touch to my plain and neutral colored tops - just like my corset (above) and my shirt (below).

Gray V-Neck Shirt and Black High-Waisted Shorts from Bayo

I personally think Bayo's sizing is too big, even most of their clothes in XS are loose for me. But then, I found these comfy basics and just had to get them. I love this soft, super comfy body skimming (not fitting) gray v-neck shirt and I wish I had gotten it in other colors, but the choices were kind of limited too - no brights, just black, white, and blue (if I remember it correctly). The black high-waist shorts I kind of regret getting, since I still need a belt for it to "stay" on my waist.

Hair Clip from Landmark

Lastly, I grabbed this matte brown clip from Landmark. This also comes in other bright colors with glossy finish, but I'm after a timeless look, so I got one in brown to match my colored hair. Clips like this one are actually the secret to my wavy hair. Nah! My hair is just really wavy/curly, but what I do is that I clip my hair into a bun during my morning commute, so I won't end up with smelly, mahangin ba sa labas? hair. Upon reaching my workplace, I head to the restroom and unravel my still-damp hair, and just let it air dry while working. I don't comb it, and it almost always ends up with a curly finish, which I love. I used to hate my waves and always fought it by rebonding and ironing it straight, but not anymore.

Looks like I got carried away with the clip and hair story. Haha! To my wavy-haired readers, embrace your curls! I hope you all liked my simple haul. ;) 

Love,
Helen

13 comments:

  1. I want to try corsets too but yeah, too loose up there sometimes hahaah! And some are too lingerie-y HAHA! The peplum dress us great for when you guys eat out at buffets and you want to exhale after eating AHAAHA!

    http://nadine-felice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Like ko yan! :D I haven't thought of wearing this puplum dress to a buffet, but now I will. Hanap ka ng corsets sa Landmark Trinoma, maraming magagandang designs. I'm getting another one pag nag mall ako. Sana hindi maubos, super mura rin kasi. :)

      Delete
  2. love the haul! I love everything about landmark!!! they have lots of clothes and really affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooove Landmark too! It's my happy place. Pero there are times na walang magandang dresses, pero minsan sabay sabay ung mga nice items, so I go there regularly to check. Haha :D

      Delete
  3. bet ko yung peplum dress!! :D:D i wanna post my hauls too!!

    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peplum dress and the colors.. are simple madaling bagayan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Hindi rin kasi ako masyado colorful manamit. :)

      Delete
  5. I love the polka dot corset!!! :) so cute yet sexy ^_^

    I followed you, mind follow back?

    Loves,
    www.fibieelyh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you liked it, Fibiee! :) Thanks for following! I followed you back.

      Delete
  6. i miss penshoppe so much.i love your hauls!
    it's been a long time right helen?!
    merry christmas and happy new year by the way!

    see you,
    jenponix :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Irene! :D I loved your blog too! Followed you just now. Hope you can follow back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...