I'm into shower gels more than bar soaps. No, scratch that. I love shower gels more than plain old bar soaps, but if I see an interesting soap (a cute one, or one that has awesome skin benefits), then I'd gladly give it a try! Snoe has a wide range of beauty bars for targeted skin concerns, and it's just recently that I gave one a try. Let's just say that I'm so glad I did!
Snoe White No. 2 Extra Strength Glutathione Beauty Bar (P139.00 for 150g)
Glutathione is a potent anti-oxidant which inhibits tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for the production of dark melanin pigments. This will revitalize your skin, reduce signs of aging, skin dullness, and blemishes to give you that healthy white glow.
Some of you might be wondering why the heck am I using a glutathione soap since I have already fair skin to begin with, but I would love to have even, glowing skin all over. Now who wouldn't want that? Plus, this bar comes in the color pink! :D
Glutathione, Songyi Mushroom, Vitamin E and C, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Extract, Hyaluronic acid, Jojoba oil, Papain enzyme, High-Grade Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
The packaging of this beauty bar is just simple. It's wrapped in plastic with a cardboard label. The soap itself looks like something you'd get from LUSH.
The reason why I haven't been using Snoe soaps long since it was launched was because I was afraid that any whitening bar soap (in general) would be drying. Marian (of Snoe in Landmark Trinoma) convinced me to finally try it. She promised that this won't be drying at all, and it was so true!
- It looks so cute! Snoe beauty bars would add a nice pop of color in your bathroom.
- It lathers pretty well.
- It has a mild scent that doesn't linger long after you bathe, so it won't affect the fragrance you're going to wear.
- It is a soft kind of soap, but it doesn't melt off too easily. Just keep this away from water after use, and this will last for long.
- This bar will last for about 55 days, if used once a day. (I still use my shower gel during my AM shower since I'm too lazy for body SPF in the morning. When you use a whitening soap, SPF is a must right after you bathe.)
- A week after I started using this soap, my skin peeled when I slightly rubbed it during the shower. This happened again in another 1 week interval, and so on. I like this since it effortlessly loosens my dead skin cells while I shower. I skipped my usual weekly body scrub (for about 2 months!) while I was using this.
- My skin looked brighter and more radiant after every shower. No exaggerated whitening effect, but this one made the skin on my outer arms more even with my inner arms.
- My skin never felt dry with this. I've tried whitening soaps before which would leave my skin dry, but this one was rather moisturizing. In fact, it's even more moisturizing than the bar soaps you could get from the supermarket.
- The skin around my waist had always been flaky and darker than the rest of my body, but since I started using this, I have noticed that the skin around that area felt more supple and looked a shade lighter (from brownish to yellowish - but not hepa-yellow), and that's an improvement!
- The packaging indicated that a slight tingling/prickly sensation might occur with the use of this product, but that never happened to me. (I just use this for my body, as I have a separate facial wash.)
Will I repurchase? Yes, I'd like to try the other variants as well!
Available at all Snoe stores/kiosks nationwide. View complete store list here.
I've used this beauty bar up almost one week ago, and I went back to my usual shower gel, but I noticed that my skin didn't glow as much as it did while I was using this soap, so I guess I'll be going back to using Snoe Beauty Bars for my PM shower. Good thing I still have these samples to try! :D
Which variant of Snoe Beauty Bars have you tried, and how did it work out for you? :)