Meet the darkest, most vampy lipstick in my makeup stash! It's something I reach for when I feel like rebelling against my usual nude or red lipstick. Or something I like wearing whenever I feel that my outfit is too girly or pastel just to add contrast to my look. It's actually my first time to sport a shade this dark, and I'm having a love-hate relationship with this particular lipstick. You'll know why in a bit!
Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in Wine Not
The shade varies from burgundy to wine depeding on application and skintone. One swipe, and you get a muted berry color with hints of brown and red.
For me, I prefer to layer on the color for maximum impact. Wine Not is just so freakin' gorgeous. This one's a vampy yet really wearable shade, day or night. I love that it instantly makes me look made up with very little effort.
- It comes in a sleek, matte tube with a see-through cap.
- It's perfectly matte and pigmented.
- It's a gorgeous wine shade.
- It's wearable day and night.
- It has no scent/fragrance.
- For a matte lipstick, it's not drying. It doesn't cause my lips to chap.
- It doesn't transfer to my front teeth.
- It doesn't bleed or feather.
- This shade makes my teeth look whiter.
- It goes on evenly only on smooth lips. If your lips are even just a teensy bit dry, forget about this lipstick. (My sister actually gave up on this lipstick, hence it's now mine! But on my "bad lip days" I don't use this as well.)
- It settles into the lip lines (for example, when it fades after you eat something).
- It has the tendency to cake when applied to much.
Available at all Revlon counters (in department stores) nationwide
I call this my "girl-hot" lipstick. My kikay friends compliment me whenever I have this on. Girls love it, guys hate it! What can I do? I'm a girl! :D
As for the hate part, I hate that it glides on smoothly, but not evenly - even if my lips aren't really chapped, or whenever I retouch in the afternoon. Otherwise, this would have been perfect.
Do you also sport dark vampy lipsticks?