Our weekly skincare routine just got more exciting!
Clue: It has something to do with superfoods! The Body Shop's new range of expert face masks all contain natural ingredients that have been packed, crushed, and drizzled - all for the love of skincare. (They all smell REALLY nice, too!)
These masks were launched at The Wholesome Table in BGC. The venue was perfect because they served fresh and tasty organic dishes! That day, we had food for the mind (as we all learned the basics of sketching from Fernando Sena), food for the body (as we ate clean), and of course, food for the skin (as we were introduced to the NEW masks).
Fernando Sena taught us to draw lines. He said if you can draw a vase, then you can draw a face. The activity made me miss Dawn. She can sketch anyone' face in minutes. SO TALENTED!
With my seatmate Krissy ❤
Now to introduce to you the 5 mask variants! All of them are formulated without parabens, silicone, mineral oils, and paraffins.
DETOXIFY: Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask (100% vegan)
For skin that needs to release impurities and toxins to help reveal a healthy-looking, youthful glow
Inspired by Ayurvedic traditions, this tingling mud mask contains powerful ingredients:
- Bamboo charcoal from the Himalayan foothills, known to draw out impurities and excess oils from the skin
- Green tea leaves from Japan, rich in antioxidants and catechins, effectively exfoliate the skin
- Community Trade organic tea tree oil from Kenya, known to help keep skin looking clear
HYDRATE: British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask (100% vegan)
For skin that needs to be quenched and re-plumped with moisture to reveal its dewy glow again
Inspired by the European bathing rituals, this refreshing gel mask is infused with real natural ingredients:
- Real rose petals, and essence of hand-picked roses from Britain, freshly replenishes the skin's water reserves
- Rosehip oil from Chile, rich in repairing Omega 3 and 6 that helps tone skin
- Community Trade organic aloe vera from Mexico, known for its gentle, calming, and soothing properties on the skin
NOURISH: Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask (100% vegetarian)
For skin that needs an intense dose of replenishing nourishment to feel soft and smooth again
Inspired by the African healing and soothing rituals, this indulgent melting honey mask blends the finest natural ingredients:
- Community Trade honey from Ethiopia, rich in nutrients that replenish and retain moisture to comfort and revive depleted skin
- Community Trade marula oil from Namibia, a cold-pressed light oil, known to restore and improve skin's elasticity
- Community Trade organic olive oil from Italy, rich in Omega 9 that helps boost skin elasticity and prevents dryness
BRIGHTEN: Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask (100% vegetarian)
For skin that needs an intense treatment to remove dullness and unevenness
Inspired by Chinese traditions, this creamy exfoliating mask combines natural ingredients sourced from Northeast Asia and South America:
- Ginseng extract from China, known for its skin toning and stimulating properties that help revitalise skin
- Rice extract from China, traditionally used to moisturise and brighten the skin
- Community Trade organic sesame seed oil from Nicaragua, rich in oleic and linoleic acid to soften the skin
ENERGISE: Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask (100% vegan)
For skin that needs a fast recharge from signs of fatigue and stress
Inspired by the rituals of Amazonian tribes, this juicy fresh mask with powerful natural ingredients from South America:
- Acai berry extract from Brazil, rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C that fight the appearance of fatigue
- Guarana seed extract from Brazil, known for its energy boosting properties from its high concentration of caffeine
- Community Trade organic babassu oil from Brazil, an effective nut oil known to soften, smooth, and revitalise the skin
I also learned a new skincare trick called "multimasking". While we all have a general skin type, some areas of your face might have very different needs. You can use two or more masks in different places to give each section of your skin the specific attention it needs.
For sleepy, stressed out skin: The Replenish & Recharge Facial
- Apply the Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask to your forehead and nose.
- Next, apply the Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask to your cheeks.
- Finally, apply the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask to your chin and allow all 3 blends to sink in for 5-10 minutes.
For partied-out, thirsty skin: The Hydrate & Invigorate Facial
- Apply the Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask to your forehead and nose.
- Next, apply the British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask to your cheeks.
- Finally, apply the Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask to your chin and allow all 3 blends to sink in for 5-10 minutes.
Among the 5 variants, I am most curious about the Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask (for my Chinese skin LOL) since I'm into skin brightening products. I'll put the mask to the test this weekend! SO EXCITED! :D
Available at selected The Body Shop stores only: SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, Greenbelt, Glorietta 2, SM Clark, SM City North EDSA, Trinoma, SM The Block, SM Baguio, Shangri-La, Ayala Cebu, SM San Lazaro, Rockwell, Market Market, SM Fairview, Robinsons Place Manila, SM City Cebu, Robinsons Galleria, Alabang Town Center, Festival Mall, Terminal 3, and Gateway
How about you, which Recipes of Nature mask do you like most? ❤