I love it when makeup comes in cute, quirky packaging. I think Too Cool For School is a pro when it comes to that!
Too Cool For School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box (P219.00)
Sensational 4D BB foundations. This product allows your skin to look beautiful in an instant.
What I have is the sample-sized version of Too Cool For School's best-selling item, After School BB Foundation Lunch Box.
The full-sized one comes with a concealer and highlighter and costs P989.00.
Too Cool For School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box comes in 2 shades: #1 Matte skin (lighter) and #2 Moist skin (darker). The one for matte skin (#1) comes in a lighter shade maybe because oily skin has the tendency to oxidize and appear darker later during the day. The one I have is for moist skin (#2) is ideal for dry to normal skin types.
The way it's packaged is cute, but it would have helped more if there were English translations on the cardboard and on the tube.
What I understood from here was only "2" which was its shade, and 4D. I've read online that this product is a "4D BB Foundation that saves your heart-shape facial line", but I have no idea how to work that out.
This BB Foundation has a creamier and thicker texture compared to most Korean BB creams, but it does not feel heavy on the skin when worn. This is the reason why the full-sized version comes in a packaging that makes use of a spatula instead of a pump, since the thick formula would have to tendency to clog the pump (in the long run) and render it impossible to dispense. As for the sample-sized tube, the small tube with a narrow opening on the tip works fine to dispense a controlled amount of product.
- This sample-sized tube comes in a hygienic packaging.
- The tip of the tube is sealed with a silver foil.
- This small tube is perfectly handy for travel, or for those who want to sample around before committing to the full-sized version. (Like me!)
- Manufacturing date is indicated on the crimp of the tube. Mine reads 20130501.
- Shade #2 Moist skin is a nice match for my light skin tone.
- It has SPF 37/PA++.
- It has a thick, creamy consistency, not runny or watery.
- Despite its creamy consistency, it's not hard to blend.
- It has a light to medium coverage, ideal for everyday wear.
- It wears comfortably on the skin, no heavy feeling.
- It covers my pores. Gotta love that!
- It cancels out minor redness and makes my face look even without looking too pale.
- It makes my skin look healthy and glowing with its dewy finish, but because I have oily skin, I have to always set this with powder unless I want to look like a greaseball by midday.
- I had no breakouts from using this product.
- No English translations on the packaging.
- Since this one is made for dry to normal skin, don't expect oil control from this variant.
- It comes in only 2 shades. The one I have is already the darker shade so this may be too white for morena skin.
- It has a mild floral scent. I'm indifferent to the scent, but others may want their BB cream to be unscented.
- After I apply this, I set it with pressed powder, but skip powdering my cheeks for a luminous glow.
Will I repurchase? No, since I have oily skin. I'd recommend this for those who have dry skin, though!
Price: P219.00 for 15g
Available in Too Cool For School in SM North EDSA (Main) and SM Mall of Asia.
I love how the Too Cool For School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box makes my skin look really healthy and as if I had no makeup on, but dewy in the morning can turn to oily in the afternoon. My skin bets that the #1 Matte skin will indeed be a better match for my skin, but I have yet to try it.
Like Too Cool For School - Philippines on Facebook for more information, updates, and promotions on their too cool products!