Monday, January 7, 2013

In Love With Twinings

I can't drink coffee; I hate milk; I like milk tea, but what I love most is tea - in its freshly brewed state. I was not a tea drinker before; the only time I got to drink tea was when my family would eat at Chinese restaurants and we were served house tea (which most of the time tasted like hot water).

Last November, my Dad came home from Hong Kong and brought home some of their leftover tea packets from their trip. I never would have expected that I would get hooked from a single sachet of Twinings Jasmine Green Tea, which by the way, was my first ever "grown up" tea moment. (Iced tea and milk tea didn't count!)
 
After finishing up our stash at home, I found myself wandering about the tea aisle in the supermarket, something I haven't done before since I didn't really pay attention to tea. I was about to grab a box of Twinings Jasmine Green Tea, but something else caught my eye!

Twinings Green Tea Collection

It was Twinings Green Tea Collection, with 5 different green tea variants inside. Perfect for those who are just starting to appreciate tea (like me) since I get to try different flavors of green tea before choosing a favorite.

Refreshing and light green teas with delicious fruit and floral flavors

  • Pure Green - light and refreshing
  • Green & Lemon - fresh and clean
  • Earl Grey Green - light and aromatic
  • Green & Mint - fresh and cool
  • Jasmine Green - delicate and floral

After trying out all variants, I can say that my favorite would have to be Green Tea & Mint! I still like Jasmine Green Tea, by my fondness for anything minty took over.  

Twinings Green Tea & Mint

My Dad and my sister also can't get enough of this flavor! Upon dipping the tea bag in hot water, you immediately get a whiff of a strong but very pleasant cool minty scent. Even if this is meant to be consumed hot, you'd still get that very refreshing mint aftertaste. I love drinking this too in the office, since it perks me up instantly!

After about a week or two, my box of Twinings Green Tea & Mint was gone. I guess my family and I enjoyed it too much. Off again I went to the supermarket, but got the shock of my life when I found that it was out of stock! I guess I'm not the only one who got addicted.

And so, I scanned the shelf and found something interesting - Twinings Pure White Tea. I've read that white tea has even more antioxidants that green tea, so I got curious all the more.

Twinings Pure White Tea

White tea comes from the Fujian (福建) province of China - which could be the hometown of my ancestors! White tea is a rare kind of tea that is only plucked once a year in spring. The leaves are gently dried which creates its beautiful silvery appearance and delicate refined flavors.


Twinings Pure White Tea has a smoother, gentler, more delicate flavor compared to green tea. It is also said to have less caffeine, and had undergone less processing compared to green tea and black tea, hence the higher level of antioxidants in it. The flavor is soothing and relaxing, but I still love my Twinings Green Tea & Mint!

I'd like to share with you the tea habit that my Dad and I have developed over just 2 months. He used to drink beer/sweet, powdered or bottled juices/coffee everyday, but he has stopped drinking all those in lieu of Twinings tea. He says it's kind of expensive considering the other brands and variants of teas in the market, but I'd only want the best for us. :D

How about you, which do you prefer: coffee, milk, or tea? :)

Love,
Helen   

18 comments:

  1. In high school I used to be a heavy coffee drinker. I slowed down during College and opted to chug more orange juice instead of coffee. Now that I'm older (and know which drink is more beneficial) I like drinking tea instead. I usually go for Twinings' "breakfast tea".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to drink coffee too, but that was way back in college. I haven't tried out the breakfast tea yet, but I bet it's good since that's what you usually drink. :)

      Delete
  2. I appreciate tea as well. :) I heard Twinings is good.

    Wish & Wear

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha im coffee, milk, and tea drinker! and chocolate drinker too~

    my fave would be nescafe brown n creamy, sustagen (yup i love kids milk! haha), my tea is in japanese i dont know its name T_T, swissmiss for chocolate :)

    but in liquid soyfresh in chocolate :)

    share ko lang :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I like everything you drink. Haha! I can't drink coffee ever since I got hyperacidity from drinking too much coffee, and I loved Sustagen Choco too as a kid. (Did you also collect those Sustagen "chips" to get free stuff when Susy and Geno visited our schools? Haha!) There are many Japanese teas in the supermarket, but I haven't tried them yet since I can't read Japanese (would have loved to read the label first before buying). And, Swiss Miss is really really yummy. :)

      Delete
  4. I like coffee, milk, and tea. But I drink tea regularly. I haven't tried Twinings yet, maybe after I finished my box of Lipton. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try! (You just might shift to Twinings after you've tried it!) :)

      Delete
  5. Imma try Twinings! Reminded me again of Anastasia Steele of Fifty Shades of Grey.

    XX, Jenniya
    http://simplyjeniya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm the last person who still hasn't read that book! Haha :P

      Delete
  6. awwww. I have the same box of tea and I dont know how to consume it since I'm really not fond of the taste of green tea. I like the smell of Jasmine tea though. :) How could I make it work for me? :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. It depends on your taste, but you could try adding honey/syrup/sugar and milk, or even fruit slices I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee has been my ultimate energy booster and I hate myself for always relying on coffee to get through the day. I am aiming to minimize my reliance to coffee and my hubby told me to at least try a diff alternative like tea. And so I went to the supermarket and bought the Twinings Green tea collection. Yes, I agree with you that it is definitely a good purchase specially if you are starting to select a tea flavor favorite. :D Pero among all the flavors, I still settle on the pure green tea as my favorite. I just like it a lot because it tastes really fresh and simple.. heheh. But if I were to choose among those with blends of flavors, I prefer the Earl Grey Green Tea because I love drinks with "citrusy" kick on it. At first, I thought the green tea with lemon would be a hit for me kaso I feel like I was drinking tea mixed with a car perfume.heheh. Sorry pero I know we have our personal taste preferences naman. The green tea and mint is my 3rd choice. I couldn't agree with u more on that Ms Helen when you mentioned about the minty flavor because it sends a cooling sensation on my throat and it felt good. The jasmine was so-so for me kasi I can imagine drinking the tea and eating a whole strand of sampaguita necklace from the church.(halaaa!)I finished all 25 packets already and I am planning to get the white tea flavor asap because Dr.Oz mentioned that if you drink white tea during lunch time, it can help in decreasing the absorption of fat from the food that you ate. (excited much!) hahah! I wanted to try it and compare it from green tea. I am intrigued by its taste when u said that pure white tea has a smoother, gentler, more delicate flavor compared to green tea. Can't wait to take a sip, relax, de-stress and probably lose weight with these teas! yeheey! :D I love your blog by the way. thanks for sharing great info. Keep it up! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ameth! Thank you so much for sharing with me your tea love story! ♥ It's so nice to know that someone shares the same fondness for green tea as I do. I agree that the Pure Green Tea variant tastes simple but it's very light and refreshing as well. You get no-nonsense straightforward pure green tea goodness with that! After trying out all variants, I realized that I am not fond of citrusy teas like Earl Grey and Lemon. The lemon one tastes artificial to me and smells of air freshener. To each her own, but I believe we agree with the lemon one. Haha! I'm liking Jasmine because it smells sooo good (for me), but my number one is still Mint. ;)

      Thank you so much for reading my blog. You made my day, by the way! :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Ms Helen! aww, I am so happy you replied! :) Ang bait mo sobra. My hubby loves the Jasmine too because of the aroma din daw. Just an update, I already got the Twinings Pure White Tea and I should say, taste wise, nothing beats the green tea flavor. The white tea seems tasteless maybe because of its delicate flavor as what they say on their box. The instruction says to brew for 1 min so that's what I followed but I cannot taste any flavor so what I did para malasahan ko ng konti, I brewed it for 3mins and it worked. May lasa na cya. :) Overall, I might still continue with the Pure White kasi ang ganda ng benefits vs green tea. I don't feel weak now kahit d na ako nagcocoffee. Thank you for your informative blog entry Ms Helen.Walang bias talaga. I appreciate your honesty in every reviews that you do. Keep it coming! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the kind words, Ameth! You're very sweet! :)

      I did the same for the Twinings Pure White Tea, I left the teabag in my cup the entire time I was drinking it and just refilled hot water every now and then, just so I could taste the flavor since it's kind of weak. Haha. I've recently tried out the Mint Tea from Starbucks, and I am in love with it. They have other variants you might like. Plus, you can have your cup refilled with hot water to maximize the remaining flavor of tea bag. ;)

      Delete
  10. You're welcome Ms Helen. :) Yeah, I did that too. I feel bad throwing the teabag away after one use so I also had to refill my mug twice or even thrice.hehe. (tipid tips) lol! Ohh,that Starbucks tea sounds appealing to me.hehe. I will definitely try it soon and I like the idea of refilling for free (kahit tubig lang) haha! I haven't ordered tea from them so hopefully I might drag my hubby along for a tea-time date na rin. hahah! Thanks for that info Ms Helen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like the Starbucks one! You're most welcome, Ameth! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...