Friday, May 8, 2020

VMV Hypoallergenics Grandma Minnie's The Big, Brave Boo-boo Balm

I once thought that VMV Hypoallergenics was an international skincare brand. It was quite surprising to learn that it's actually a homegrown beauty brand! Truly, Philippine-made products are world class. I used to think that their products are expensive, but I came to appreciate how the brand values research (with over 75 published studies in medical journals and conventions) and rates their products according to the first and only hypoallergenic "grading" system. Their products' efficacy are backed by scientific research.

This VMV Hypoallergenics product was actually my first beauty buy during the ECQ. It wasn't part of my #nobuy2020 then because this isn't makeup. It took me a while to post because I had to test it first. I ordered it online on April 7, and it arrived on April 14.


Ouchless, crazy effective, and a cult fave among fans, doctors, and beauty editors, our monolaurin & virgin coconut oil "make-it-better" salve is the ultimate skin saver.

Think of it as a skin "swiss army knife"

  • Quick, ouchless healing for various cuts, nicks, scrapes, rashes, even minor burns.
  • An excellent lip balm that palliates and repairs even very dry, chapping lips and irritated lesions.
  • Soothes and softens extremely dry patches of skin (even cracked, flaking skin, eczema, etc.).
  • Customers have reported using it as a raw nostril healer in allergy season (and in very dry environments like airplanes or when skiing), a hair fly-away tamer, and an eyebrow shaper, too!
 

This product comes in 2 sizes: 8g tube and 15g tub. I prefer the smaller one because it's way more hygienic to dispense the product from a tube. The manufacturing date is printed on both the box and tube sticker, and the tube has an inner seal.

This product only has 3 ingredients: Petrolatum, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Glyceryl Laurate. It contains coconut-derived monolaurin - a clinically-proven antibiotic that's also antifungal, antiviral, and antiprotozoal. It's said to be as effective as 70% isopropyl alcohol and topical antibiotics. Best part, it doesn't sting!


It has a thick texture that resembles petroleum jelly but is less sticky. The coconut oil is absorbed well and has a skin-soothing effect. It's hard to dispense when I leave this product in an air-conditioned room, but comes out soft in room temperature. I've used this on angry, itchy mosquito bites and it does provide immediate itch relief. I also apply this on my cuticles when they're dry and peeling. Once, I made a careless mistake of cutting my cuticle while it was the hangnail I was aiming for. I immediately put Grandma Minnie's The Big, Brave Boo-boo Balm on the small cut. The wound healed fast - it was okay again in just 2 days. Also, my sister had a small splinter stuck on her finger, so I told her to have it plucked out, wash the area with Betadine, and apply this product. She didn't pluck the splinter out. She just applied the Boo-boo Balm on it and went to sleep. When she woke up, the tiny splinter was gone (probably slid out while she was asleep) and her finger no longer hurts. (She told me that my "medicine" was amazing.) I also use this as lip balm before I go to bed, and I wake up with soft lips. This multi-use product is now a must-have in my kikay kit. It has so many uses, and I've discovered it just now. Looks like I have been missing out for years!


The tube might look tiny, but a little goes a long way. I think this will last for over a year, so it's worth it. I was also able to watch the IG live of @vmvhypoallergenics where their founding dermatologist disproved the claim that coconut oil was comedogenic. That notion comes from an outdated study performed on animals. VMV Hypoallergenics does not test on animals, and they have proved via their products that coconut oil is indeed GOOD for the skin. 👍 Also, after watching their IG live video, I am inspired (and alarmed, at the same time) -  I have to wear sunscreen again even when I'm just at home. Indoor light, laptop screen, and mobile phone screen can age your skin, so sunscreen is a must.

PRICE: PHP 790
Plus PHP 100 shipping fee for online purchases at https://vmvhypoallergenics.ph/

Love,
Helen
Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...