Sunday, May 10, 2020

Shopee discovery: DIY matcha milk tea for my cravings

One random Shopee find was this 500g pack of InJoy Matcha Milk Tea. I haven't heard about the brand before; it only appeared on the Flash Deals tab. Since it's matcha (I love all things matcha) and it had a lot of good reviews (4.9 out of 5 stars), I bought one to try. I've been craving milk tea and during the quarantine I had my milk tea fix delivered thrice, and if that will continue, it will get costly. Hence, the DIY route!


Preparation:
500g Injoy Milk Tea Powder + 4 liters of cold water = 14-16 servings

Their Shopee page has individual serving instruction of 4 tbsp (45g) Injoy Milk Tea Powder + 360ml water + ice, but I think that would be too much powder. The pack's Nutrition Facts state that the serving size is 36g powder, and number of servings per pack is 14.


I didn't bother to transfer the powder to another container. I just seal it using a food clip. I also put a baby formula scooper inside the pack for easy dispensing.


What I like about this DIY matcha milk tea is that it makes use of real milk and not creamer. I use a regular-sized mug, so I just need around 1.5 scoops of powder and either cold or hot water. Yes, it does dissolve fully even in cold water! And it actually tastes good. Parang binili sa labas. Well, it's tad sweeter and milkier compared to Starbucks Green Tea Latte, but for it's price, I cannot complain. The store does sell DIY pearls (also with good reviews), but I don't want the hassle of cooking tapioca pearls so I'm fine with the milk tea alone. They also have cream cheese and cream puff toppings. I might repurchase if I don't get tired of the flavor by the time I finish this pack, but as of now I'm currently enjoying this drink very much. Super tipid pero masarap! I'm not craving for milk tea delivery anymore...for now. They also have other milk tea flavors like taro, Okinawa, Hokkaido, chocolate, and caramelized sugar.

Ingredients

Nutrition Facts

Price: PHP 152 for 500g (14 or more servings)
This goes on sale sometimes, and Shopee has discount vouchers for more savings.
Available at Shopee

Have you tried InJoy products?

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...