Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: Blythe by Careline Stellar Satin Lipstick in Juliet

I know I already have a lot of lipsticks, but I couldn't pass up this pretty and delicate nude pink shade... and so I bought Blythe by Careline Stellar Satin Lipstick from Lazada.


This collection is a collaboration between Careline and 17-year-old actress Andrea Brillantes. How cool is it to have your own makeup line at such a young age? 👸


I like the cute packaging, from the box to the tube. (Blythe seems fond of the galaxy theme! 💥) I don't have a lot of rectangular lipsticks in my kit, so this one's easy to spot. The shade of the case corresponds to the lipstick bullet shade. And the inside part where you twist the lipstick is rose gold! Blythe offers 8 shades of lipsticks, but based on online reviews and swatches, my favorite was Juliet. I felt that this would make for a great MLBB for pale lips, and I was not mistaken.

 

The manufacturing date and ingredients list are printed on the box. What's nice about this lipstick is that it's free from animal testing, parabens, and lead.

Swatches:


The shade Juliet is gorgeous! It is literally my lips but better, cliche as it may sound. It makes me look alive without looking like I wore makeup. It's so near the shade of my lips but less pale. I like the buttery glide, but since it has a satin finish, staying power is bound to be weak. I do not mind reapplying, though. It's like wearing a tinted lip balm.

As much as I like the shade, there are two caveats. First is the strong scent when you take a whiff of the lipstick for the first time. It smells like chemical, but it becomes unnoticeable when you wear it. I prefer it to be unscented.


Second, my lipstick bullet broke when I did the arm swatch. 😭 I hurriedly put the broken part back on the base. It seems stable and not wobbly now, but I was so shocked! It's the first time this happened to me, and it could be an isolated case since I haven't heard of this lippie breaking in other reviews. I usually wouldn't bother with a lipstick after it breaks, however, I'm still keeping and using my Blythe Stellar Satin Lips because it's a beautiful everyday shade. And yes, I use it everyday while working from home. Haha 💋


Price: PHP 165
Available at Lazada

For any purchase of Careline beauty bundle at their Lazada store, you will be able to donate a hygiene kit to a frontliner. 👍

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...