Monday, May 18, 2020

UV Care Pocket Sterilizer Review

I bought the UV Care Pocket Sterilizer last year, July 2019 to be exact. I bought it for the specific reason of sanitizing my office keyboard in a shared workstation of day/night shift workers.


Last year, I bought this for just PHP 1,200, and the colored ones cost PHP 1,500. Because of the pandemic, the price has increased to PHP 1,800 and it still gets sold out!


These are the contents of the box: the pocket sterilizer, micro USB cable, user manual, and warranty card.


You can use the UV Care Pocket Sterilizer on shopping cart handles, table tops, door knobs, public bathroom surfaces, counter tops, cutting boards, kitchen utensils, mobile phones, laptops, keyboards, toothbrushes, kids toys, etc. Basically, anything that the light touches! The small size makes it travel-friendly, and I have used this before to sanitize my airplane seat, too.


That's just a name sticker. I labeled my device so it won't get lost when my colleagues pass it around.

Take note that this device is NOT rechargeable.


You can use 4 AAA batteries...


Or plug the micro USB cable to a power source, such as powerbank, laptop, or CPU. I honestly find this a hassle, because I bought the device thinking it was rechargeable. I prefer to use 4 AAA batteries because it's more convenient. As of press time, I've replaced the 4 AAA batteries twice already. I have yet to buy rechargeable batteries and charger though. They're expensive. 😭


Here comes the magic! The UVC lamp has a lifetime of 8000 hours, and battery life lasts for 1-3 hours depending on usage. It can kill 90% of bacteria and viruses in as fast as 1 second, and exposing a surface for a few seconds eliminates up to 99.9% of germs, viruses, bacteria, dust mites, flea eggs, and certain allergen-producing organisms such as Mold A. The instruction manual has a table for recommended exposure time to achieve 99.9% sterilization.


I also use this on my makeup, especially my beloved lipsticks since they're prone to contamination. I used to just wipe the lipstick's top layer off with tissue, but now I take this extra step.

Caution: Do not expose your skin and eyes to UVC light. Prolonged exposure may cause cancer. Correct usage should be safe. UV Care Pocket Sterilizer has a sensor ball inside the unit. This will automatically shut off the lamp light if the lamp is facing up or on its side.


UV Care Pocket Sterilizer is laboratory tested and proven effective. Well, all their products are. I love that they do hospital tests, such as this one from Tagaytay Medical Center. They also conducted 3 laboratory tests with Chinese General Hospital on the bacteria count of surfaces exposed to UVC light using their UV Care Room Sterilizer, and the result was no growth even after 24 hours because the bacteria are destroyed on a DNA level.

I love having this little piece of safety with me, especially during uncertain times like these. There are so many sellers of UV sterilizers now, and some of the may be cheaper, but I will still go for UV Care.

Purchase price: PHP 1,200 (from SM department store last year)
New SRP: PHP 1,800 (at https://uvcare.net/collections)

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...