Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Garnier Body LightExtra Whitening Repairing Milk Lotion

While I commit the skincare crime of not moisturizing my oily face at night, I religiously apply lotion all over my body every night. I have a hard time falling asleep when I don't use lotion, because I hate the uncomfortable dry skin feeling.

Garnier Body LightExtra Whitening Repairing Milk Lotion

I got this big bottle of Garnier lotion a few months ago, and now I'm halfway through with it. I try my best to open and use just 1 bottle of lotion at a time, so they won't accumulate on my nightstand.

About the product:
 

Ingredients:
 

Pros:
  • Manufacturing date is indicated in the packaging.
  • It has a fresh, lemon scent similar to their face products. While on face products, it's a con to have such a strong fragrance, on the body I don't mind at all.
  • Body milk or milk lotions means it has a lighter texture/consistency, and is more watery compared to other lotions.
  • It is easily absorbed into the skin.
  • It's non-sticky.
  • It has UV filters to provide the skin with minimal sun protection. (Some form of protection is better than none at all.)
  • Skin feels smooth and supple, and looks more healthy after application.
  • This lotion is ideally for normal to just slightly dry skin.

Cons:
  • It contains mineral oil, a potential pore clogger.
  • The "measurable whitening efficacy" ruler is not effective for me. My skin tone doesn't match any of the shades indicated on the base of the packaging.
  • Even with everyday use, I noticed no visible change in my skin tone.
  • It is not enough to moisturize flaky and/or very dry skin (such as heels).

Will I repurchase? No, I've tried other light-textured lotions more moisturizing than this.
Price: P229.00
Available in supermarkets and leading department stores nationwide.

This one from Garnier I consider as a day lotion because of it's light texture. I like that it smells fresh, is definitely non-sticky, and has UV filters to protect our skin from the sun's damaging rays. However, I still prefer using thicker body butters for full-on moisturizing power, since it's only at night when I moisturize my body.

What lotion are you currently using? How do you find it? :)

Love,
Helen

5 comments:

  1. I'm always iffy about Garnier. None of their products have really been that impressive to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand idea is nice but I have also yet to try one that will wow me. I've been using the Garnier Light Brightening Eye Roll-on for months now and it seems to work okay, but it's still not HG for me.

      Delete
  2. I want Garnier product for the face. Haven't tried their body products before but thanks for your review sis. I shall give this a pass :D 230 din yun, sayang :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try Garnier products for the hair like their shampoos and conditioners, but all we have are hair coloring kits! Yup, pass din ako dito I'm just using it up para masama sa Hit Pan post! :D

      Delete
  3. How much here in singapore?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...