Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cafe Monaco

Today, I'll be sharing you once more a restaurant that has won my heart (and stomach) from the first try. I've actually been to Cafe Monaco just twice, but that was enough to get me hooked. Cafe Monaco is a Korean-fusion restaurant, by the way.

Kimchi and Radish (Free)

Cafe Monaco serves kimchi and radish on the house as appetizer. I never touched the radish, but loved the kimchi! It tasted like the ones my colleague brought back from Korea. It was spicy and tangy at the same time, enough to whet your appetite.

Bibimbap (P140.00)

I haven't personally tried this dish, since I'm not into spicy food. This one's really spicy, and my friend loved it. For it's price, the serving is huge!

Ebi Tempura (w/rice 4pcs) (P230.00)

I think I am easily pleased when it comes to tempura. I've always raved about the tempura I've tried from various restaurants, but this one is on top of my list for now. The breading is light and crisp, and the shrimps are soft, tender, flavorful, and HUGE! My stomach is a bottomless pit during brunch, but I was so full with just this order. Definitely a must try!
 

Cafe Monaco has 2 branches (Banawe and San Juan). I believe their San Juan branch is newer, bigger, and with more parking spaces (yey!) compared to the Banawe branch. 

What I love most about this restaurant are the food (yummy but pocket-friendly), the good service, and the cozy ambiance (gotta love that zebra-print couch). Give this hidden gem a try, and let me know what you think! :)
 
Cafe Monaco
Phone: 02 6547952
Adddress: 368 Sekai Center, Ortigas Avenue cor. Madison Street, Greenhills, San Juan City, Philippines

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Mr. Kimbob in SM food courts serves bibimbap for only P99. Serving is huge too! It's not spicy. I don't like it, however, because it has too much vegetables and not enough meat. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get what you pay for daw. Haha! :D Here, you'll love what you pay for. Sulit eh. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of spicy food pero minsan merong mga tolerable just enough to stimulate your appetite and not to burn your tongue. I'm not in love, but I do enjoy Korean food every once in awhile. Thanks for the post, Helen! Would drag my date here one of these days during my cheat days! lol


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayoko rin ng spicy food eh, so relate ako sayo! You're welcome, Gellie. Hope you and your date enjoy this resto. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...