One of my favorite thing from Dawn's 24th Birthday Loot was this bright and cheery bar of soap from hbc.
hbc Natural Body Recipe Milk and Papaya Bath Soap
This soap may not be organic, but it's made of a whole load of natural ingredients, like coconut oil, papaya extract, almond milk, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed sweet almond protein and wheat protein. It also has glycerin (to moisturize the skin) and titanium dioxide (which is inherent in products with sun protection). Fragrance and colorants are the last few items on the ingredients list, which meant they were used minimally.
- Manufacturing/expiry date is indicated. Shelf life is 2 years.
- It lathers abundantly.
- It has white ribbons around the bar, which looks like milk.
- It's gentle, and did not trigger any skin allergies.
- Skin feels soft, smooth, and nourished after every wash.
- It's very affordable.
- The soap has a soft texture that easily melts.
- The orange color might stain white tiles so wash any drips off the bathroom surfaces after every use.
- It smells natural - like real fresh papayas. Some might like this, some might not.
Will I repurchase? Yes.
Available in all hbc stores nationwide.
This was the only papaya soap I've encountered that didn't boast of any whitening benefits. I actually liked that fact, since it does not make exaggerated claims, even if we know that papaya does have innate skin lightening benefits. It's just marketed as a good ol' bath soap, and it does its job of giving that fresh, clean feeling, plus soft skin!
I'm a bath product junkie, but I can't believe it's just my first time to try a bath product from hbc! I'm looking forward to cheking out more products from their Body Recipe range. Which ones can you recommend? :)