Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is my sister's ultimate favorite/go to lippie, and I've always wondered why. I mean, I've tried and reviewed one in the shade Darling before, but I don't love it as much as my other lippies. It turns out, I just had to get the right shade, then bam! I'm in love - just like her! ♥
When Revlon had their sale last month (which was a crazy 50% off on all shades of the balm stains), I was just supposed to get one. I contemplated between Honey (a nude, everyday shade) or Lovesick (a bright pink shade Emma Stone wore on the ad), but then decided to get both! :D
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick
Honey | Lovesick
Honey is a perfect my lips but better shade. It's something you can wear to school or work, everyday! I read that the most natural looking lipstick would be the one that's one or two shades darker than your natural lips, and Honey is just that! What's nice about this shade is that it can also cover dark lip lines and give your lips that even, healthy, and very natural-looking shade.
Bare Lips | Honey
What I love about this shade is that it's really natural! Like, I can apply this even without a mirror, and still look fine. Plus, this is a sneaky lip balm to use for sleepovers, for when you still want to look pretty and say "No, I'm not wearing any makeup!" (yeah right) since this is technically a lip balm. :D
Lovesick is a stunning, bright pink shade with a bluish undertone and tiny silver shimmers (that are barely noticeable when worn). Among all shades, this is the one that attracted me the most. But then, I can't use this everyday so I also got Honey. (Gotta switch things up once in a while!)
I let the shade speak for itself. It's lovely! It's striking! And my boss didn't like it the first time I wore this shade because it was too bright of a pink, but I love it anyway! :D I keep the rest of my makeup to a minimum whenever I use Lovesick.
- No sharpening required.
- Packaging is not flimsy.
- Available in 12 shades - you're sure to find your match.
- The formula easily glides on your lips.
- When you first apply this, it has a bit of sheen (not gloss), but it wears off to a matte stain. This is my favorite effect, since even if I don't retouch, I can be confident that I don't look pale at all when I use this.
- They're really long-lasting! At any given day, I could just reapply Lovesick once (after my lunch break, 1PM), and it will look "just applied" come 5PM!
- This is minor, but the silver lettering gets scratched off easily even if you're careful.
- At the end of the day, it's hard to remove. A makeup remover is required.
- The balm stain might look big, but it actually only has 2.7g of product. Most lipsticks come in 3.5g or 4g bullets.
Will I repurchase? Yes!
Price: P575.00 (but I got mine at 50% off -> P278.50)
Available in all Revlon counters nationwide.
Have you tried Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains? Which shade is your favorite?