One thing I love about rainy or cold weather is that I can go for stronger scents which I usually don't wear when it's hot.
Because we're now at the -ber (brrr) months, I'm currently loving this Brazil Nut bath and body duo from The Body Shop, since it's the most deliciously "close to real food" gourmand scent that The Body Shop has released. The scent of this range (particularly the EDT) might be too strong for hot weather, but for cooler days, it's one to love.
The Body Shop Brazil Nut smells sweet and nutty. It's more subtle than Chocomania, but it's sweeter than Shea (which smells more powdery).
The Body Shop Brazil Nut Shower Cream
- It contains community fair trade Brazil nut oil from Peru. The nut gatherers collect the broken nuts that can’t be sold for food use and hand-crack them to extract the oil.
- It's soap-free (won't dry out the skin).
- It lathers richly (with the help of a bath lily).
- It smells really good (and almost edible), like mocha and caramel combined.
- Despite it's sulfate content and fragrance, it doesn't cause my skin allergies.
- It still contains sulfates.
- It's limited edition.
Basically, it does what a normal shower cream does - cleanses the skin. But the scent really sets it apart from the rest!
The Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Butter
- It's texture is similar to The Body Shop Shea Body Butter - more solid compared to other body butter variants, but it melts on the skin upon contact.
- I love that it has no artificial colorants - just caramel as color. (Yum!)
- It also contains community fair trade ingredients, just like the Brazil Nut Shower Cream. This body butter cocoa seed butter, shea butter, peach kernel oil, sesame seed oil, Brazil nut oil, and caramel. No wonder it smells almost like food.
- It is absorbed into the skin in a few minutes - and it leaves dry skin feeling soft, supple, and nourished.
- This one has a mild and sweet scent - like cake icing or cream! It also has that mocha caramel scent.
- It comes in a tub (which is a con for some), but I don't really mind since it's used on the body, not on the face.
- Since it's a body butter, it's heavier than lotions, so I can only use this at night.
- It's limited edition.
Will I repurchase? Yes, for both.
Available as limited edition items in The Body Shop stores.
My sister who dislikes foodie scents (like vanilla) in general actually likes the Brazil Nut Body Butter. If you ask me, I'll tell you that I LOVE this scent! Since this range is limited edition, you won't see it regularly in store, but on the rare occasions you do, it's usually on sale or on a buy 1 take 1 promo. Take advantage of that! ;)
Like The Body Shop, Philippines on Facebook for more information and updates on their products.