Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Snoe White No.2 Extra Strength Glutathione Beauty Bar

I'm into shower gels more than bar soaps. No, scratch that. I love shower gels more than plain old bar soaps, but if I see an interesting soap (a cute one, or one that has awesome skin benefits), then I'd gladly give it a try! Snoe has a wide range of beauty bars for targeted skin concerns, and it's just recently that I gave one a try. Let's just say that I'm so glad I did!

Snoe White No. 2 Extra Strength Glutathione Beauty Bar (P159.00 for 150g)

Glutathione is a potent anti-oxidant which inhibits tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for the production of dark melanin pigments. This will revitalize your skin, reduce signs of aging, skin dullness, and blemishes to give you that healthy white glow.

Some of you might be wondering why the heck am I using a glutathione soap since I have already fair skin to begin with, but I would love to have even, glowing skin all over. Now who wouldn't want that? Plus, this bar comes in the color pink! :D


Active Ingredients:
Glutathione, Songyi Mushroom, Vitamin E and C, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Extract, Hyaluronic acid, Jojoba oil, Papain enzyme, High-Grade Extra Virgin Coconut Oil


The packaging of this beauty bar is just simple. It's wrapped in plastic with a cardboard label. The soap itself looks like something you'd get from LUSH.


The reason why I haven't been using Snoe soaps long since it was launched was because I was afraid that any whitening bar soap (in general) would be drying. Marian (of Snoe in Landmark Trinoma) convinced me to finally try it. She promised that this won't be drying at all, and it was so true!

Pros:
  • It looks so cute! Snoe beauty bars would add a nice pop of color in your bathroom.
  • It lathers pretty well.
  • It has a mild scent that doesn't linger long after you bathe, so it won't affect the fragrance you're going to wear.
  • It is a soft kind of soap, but it doesn't melt off too easily. Just keep this away from water after use, and this will last for long.
  • This bar will last for about 55 days, if used once a day. (I still use my shower gel during my AM shower since I'm too lazy for body SPF in the morning. When you use a whitening soap, SPF is a must right after you bathe.)
  • A week after I started using this soap, my skin peeled when I slightly rubbed it during the shower. This happened again in another 1 week interval, and so on. I like this since it effortlessly loosens my dead skin cells while I shower. I skipped my usual weekly body scrub (for about 2 months!) while I was using this.
  • My skin looked brighter and more radiant after every shower. No exaggerated whitening effect, but this one made the skin on my outer arms more even with my inner arms.
  • My skin never felt dry with this. I've tried whitening soaps before which would leave my skin dry, but this one was rather moisturizing. In fact, it's even more moisturizing than the bar soaps you could get from the supermarket.
  • The skin around my waist had always been flaky and darker than the rest of my body, but since I started using this, I have noticed that the skin around that area felt more supple and looked a shade lighter (from brownish to yellowish - but not hepa-yellow), and that's an improvement!
  • The packaging indicated that a slight tingling/prickly sensation might occur with the use of this product, but that never happened to me. (I just use this for my body, as I have a separate facial wash.)

Cons:
  • Nothing!

Price: P139.00/150g
Will I repurchase? Yes, I'd like to try the other variants as well!
Available at all Snoe stores/kiosks nationwide. View complete store list here.

I've used this beauty bar up almost one week ago, and I went back to my usual shower gel, but I noticed that my skin didn't glow as much as it did while I was using this soap, so I guess I'll be going back to using Snoe Beauty Bars for my PM shower. Good thing I still have these samples to try! :D


Which variant of Snoe Beauty Bars have you tried, and how did it work out for you? :)

Love,
Helen

8 comments:

  1. the black bleaching soap worked on me. would love to try the other variants too. that one looks cute ah but im not a fan din of whitening soap or any other whitening products.

    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black bleaching bar has been their bestselling variant since it was launched. It's repackaged now, it comes with a cute box but the price increased as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Love Snoe beauty bars! Haven't tried this one kasi I don't want to whiten my skin. Haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just bought the black bleaching soap today. I hope this soap does not leave me with dry skin :( I tried using other whitening soaps but it only leaves me with dry skin.

    I was eyeing for this pink one but the lady in the snoe booth suggested the black one.

    This post made me a little more complacent with the soap. Hehe. Thanks.

    http://misslouisechelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black one is very effective, as I've read in most blogs! Hope it works for you. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm currently using the green papaya one, na out of budget kasi ako nung nakita ko yung calamansi nila, nadagdagan ng ingredients at na repackage... I think I'll try this next para sa pag even ng color sa may puson ko :)

    P.S. I missed you! :) kitakits?

    nicole
    http://nicolepaler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your review on the green papaya variant, and I am convinced! :D Super nice ng Snoe soaps noh. I will try their other variants soon.

      I missed you too, my dear! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...