Sunday, June 30, 2013

Kiehl's Change Your Skin Challenge

Is it possible to change your skin in just a week? I just took the Kiehl's Change Your Skin Challenge to see for myself.


For the entire month of June, everyone can just drop by any Kiehl's store for a 5-minute skincare consultation, and get 5 samples for free. Kiehl's knows very well that their customers will come back to their stores after trying out their products, so they're confident and generous with letting people try before they buy.


My skin type is oily for both my forehead and cheeks, based on the skin test they did on me. For all I know, my face is oily all over, and it gets really shiny by midday especially when I don't use any oil-control product. Thankfully, it's not acne-prone. My top skincare concerns are oiliness, big pores, and occasional whiteheads (that pop out when I use something that doesn't work for my skin).

Here are the recommended products for my skin types, and mini-reviews for each.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser
Lightweight Formula to Remove Excess Oil and Impurities
for normal to oily skin types

Ingredients:



This foaming facial cleanser is sulfate-free, and yet it lathers rather abundantly. A little definitely goes a long way with this one. I love that it cleansed my skin thoroughly but gently, and it's free from parabens, silicones, fragrances, and oils. Since this one is made for normal to oily and even sensitive skin, it rid my skin of all traces of oil and dirt, but didn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. My oily skin definitely felt more balanced after cleansing with this.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner
Hydrating Formula to Balance and Freshen Skin
for normal to oily skin types

Ingredients:



This toner is the polar opposite of my current salicylic acid-spiked toner! It's so gentle, it almost feels just like water. It's free from parabens, silicone, fragrances, oils, alcohols, and colorants - really the most gentle any toner could get. It makes my skin feel fresh and hydrated, but I feel that it's not enough to deeply cleanse my oily skin. This toner has soothing and hydrating properties that is most ideal for those with dry to normal skin.
Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion
with Amazonian White Clay
Minimizes Enlarged Pores and Refines Skin Texture

Ingredients:



The Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion has a liquid-y (not creamy) texture that spreads and absorbs easily on your skin. It gives a warm sensation upon application, and almost immediately, I did notice a slight reduction in pore size. However, it does not contain SPF so I have to layer it on with a sunscreen.

Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ UVA

Ingredients:



This moisturizing sunscreen has a light, non-greasy texture that is easily absorbed by the skin. It has a pretty high SPF of 50, which keeps my skin super protected from the sun. I never skip putting on sunscreen on my face especially when I go out, so this one is the most important thing in my routine. I love that this sunscreen has no scent, and has not caused me any allergic reactions or breakouts. This product is my favorite among the samples I've tried here.

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective White Skin Brightening Exfoliator



I commit the skincare crime of not exfoliating regularly. I just conveniently forget about it, and notice that my skin is either looking dull or extra oily. When that happens, I reach for this scrub, which is meant to be used 1-2x a week. Again, a little product goes a long way with this one. It is quite foamy for a facial scrub, and the scrub granules are smooth and round, so it won't irritate your skin (as long as you scrub gently). Exfoliating is important, as dead skin cells can make our skin look dull and prevent products from being absorbed fully into the skin. After using Kiehl's Clearly Corrective White Skin Brightening Exfoliator, my skin feels smoother and looks brighter instantly.


Here's a shot of my makeup-free face after a week of using the 5 Kiehl's samples I received. I like that it's a lot smoother and hydrated now, since used to skip using moisturizer at night. Also, it takes longer before my skin starts to get oily - which I think is due to the Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion. I think it's also because of hydration - my skin doesn't feel the need to overproduce more oil than usual.

When it comes to skincare, so might say that "things get worse before they start getting better" - like getting pimples or breaking out before seeing results. I don't believe in that. If a product works, then it works. And if it's a good product, then it's bound to be effective from the first try - and that's what Kiehl's made me realize.

I'd love to know, what is your Kiehl's skincare regimen?

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

  1. i also went to khiels for this :) the lady said the promo was over but people can still come for the samples. she gave me a similar set but with out the 3 white samples that you got. instead she gave me 3 eye cream product because i have panda eyes hehe. im trying the samples this week :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they're generous like that! :) I heard great reviews with their Midnight Recovery Eye cream, maybe you got one of that too? I hope the samples work out for you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...