Monday, June 10, 2013

Kiehl's Amino Acid Conditioner

I'm quite vain when it comes to taking care of my hair, and I won't settle for any product that gives me less than stellar results. I received this deluxe sample sized Amino Acid Conditioner from Kiehl's a few months back, and now I'll be sharing with you my review.

Kiehl's Amino Acid Conditioner
An exotic, daily conditioner made with Pure Coconut and Jojoba Oils.

  • Gentle, daily silicone-free conditioner formulated with wheat proteins and amino acids for a light, creamy texture.
  • Imparts a healthy-looking shine to hair without weighing it down.
  • Helps maintain hair’s natural moisture balance to further strengthen hair and improve manageability.

Ingredients:

I used this conditioner with a sulfate-free shampoo from another brand for about a week, and that very week my hair felt as if it went on a tropical vacation (in a good way).

Pros:
  • I love the scent of this one. It smells like coconuts. While some may find coconut exotic, Filipinos have long been using coconut oil to add shine and nourishment to the hair.
  • This conditioner has a light texture that coats my hair strands like magic - my hair feels super soft as I rinse it off. (That soft hair rinse I usually get only from deep treatment hair masks, I also got from this conditioner, less the heavy texture!)
  • I've tried natural and nature-inspired conditioners (that boasts of being silicone-free) before, but they were either heavy or lacking in moisture. This one moisturizes my hair, but never feels heavy.
  • Even if the product didn't claim to reduce hair fall, it definitely had that strengthening effect for me. I noticed an average of just 5-7 strands would come off during shower.
  • My wavy hair still had that bounce, as this didn't weigh down my curls.

Cons:
  • The bottle could be inconvenient to use. I wish this came with a pump dispenser or in a tube that you can store upside down.
  • It's expensive; a bottle costs over P1,000.00.

Kiehl's is available at Shangri-La Mall, Greenbelt, Rockwell, Alabang Town Center, SM Mall of Asia, and Trinoma.

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ms. Helen, how would you compare this to Snoe Hair Heroes argan conditioner? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them I LOVE! They are both gentle on my hair and they leave my hair soft and manageable. If you buy from Kiehl's, you'd get the opportunity to try out their different product along the way, since they're generous with samples most of the time. If you buy from Snoe, you'd get a multipurpose cleansing conditioner (which means you can skip shampooing from time to time). Also, you get to support a product that's proudly made in the Philippines Based packaging and price, I'd go for Snoe! You can get 2 bottles of Hair Heroes for the price of 1 bottle of Kiehl's. :)

      Delete
  2. What is the other shampoo you used in conjunction with this conditioner? Just curious! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Human Nature. Now, I'm using Finesse (also sulfate-free). :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...