Sunday, April 12, 2020

J.Cat Freedom Creator Mix Lip Palette

I swatched ALL shades of this Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette Vol. 1 DUPE for you guys! 💋 J.Cat Freedom Creator Mix Palette FC101 Freedom First is said to be an exact dupe of the said product.


This was actually my sister's palette. She bought this when she went to makeup school, and ignored it afterwards because "using it took too much work", she said. Being a lipstick junkie, I took it. While my sisters are actually my makeup beneficiaries, it feels good to take their unwanted makeup once in a while. LOL 😂


Unlike the ABH Lip Palette which named each shade by  #1-13 and Primary #1-5, J.Cat has shade names for each color. Each palette comes with a dual ended lip brush with a spatula on the other end. My sister threw away the small metal mixing tray because she said the lipstick stains wouldn't come off. 😕

Shades:
 

Pardon the not so pristine state. I see a lot of wearable colors that need no mixing.

Swatches:


The textures vary greatly and the palette is a mix of creamy, matte, patchy, and beyond hopeless shades. Almost all shades on the first 2 lines are good enough for daily wear, although it's true that using this palette is more tedious than applying lipstick straight from the bullet.

Favorite: Real You (#12)
Creamy: Current Tale (#3), Risk Taker (#6), Pure Red
Ugly: Summer Hot (#7), Tick Tock (#9)
Patchy: Mauve Me (#1), Latte Spotlight (#11)
Beyond hopeless: Pure White, Pure Yellow (made my healthy lips look flaky)

I swatched all shades in two days. I couldn't finish it in one sitting because my lips were getting stressed. I used In Her Element Nourishing Cocoa Balm to remove my lipstick and moisturize it at the same time.

I haven't tried the ABH Lip Palette, but I think I'm fine with this one from J.Cat. I'm sure I won't ever finish this up. This one's nice to have when you're planning on experimenting with different makeup looks and don't want to commit to a full tube of lipstick in an exotic shade. But the nude shades aren't special or noteworthy, and it takes too much work to use on a normal day. I like that it satiated my craving for a lipstick palette with primary colors (just like PONY EFFECT Customizing Lip Palette), but I will not be repurchasing this one because I don't need it.

Price: P1,169
Available in J.Cat kiosks and online

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...