Sunday, April 26, 2020

Washable Face Masks from Jamo Solutions

Way before the Taal ashfall and COVID-19 pandemic, I was regularly buying surgical masks. Being the girl scout that I am, I always had one in my bag in case I had to commute. I didn't mind "looking sick", and I actually enjoyed it when strangers keep a certain distance from me. LOL. My pet peeve is when people don't cover when they sneeze or cough, and on a certain occasion I've called a stranger out for it while in public transportation. Now, under the "new normal", we're all required to wear masks. Surgical masks are overpriced because DTI has increased the price ceiling to PHP 28 each. It's crazy. Boxes of 50 pieces used to be just around PHP 60 in Shopee last year, and now the normal price is around P800+. 😞

I know nothing beats the protection of N95 and surgical masks, but since I'm planning to wear masks long term after the Enhanced Community Quarantine has been lifted, I went for the less wasteful option of thick washable/reusable face mask. It was my boss and colleague who recommended @jamo.solutions to me.


It's not just a piece of cloth. The materials used for these washable masks are cotton spandex with mesh triple lining. It also has a pocket for your filter or tissue. I'm using paper towels or tissue with it.


My masks were delivered 7 days after order confirmation.

One note, since these are handmade, the sizes do have variations. Among the 10 pieces I've received, only 4 had a snug/perfect fit because of my slim face. Not a problem, as I'll be sharing these to other people anyway.

Price: P350 per pack of 5, minimum of 2 pack per order
Shipping fee: P150 from Banawe to QC (delivered via Angkas)
Total price: P850 for 10 pieces (pricing is fair considering the quality of the product)

I hope this helps!

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...