Saturday, April 11, 2020

Review: Rire Lucent Star Cushion

How much do I love pretty packaging?


So much, that I bought a BB cushion just because it was pretty. Never mind if it has a dewy finish and I have oily skin. I just had to buy it. 😍


Rire Lucent Star Cushion is the prettiest BB cushion to sit in my vanity. The packaging has falling pink glitters and stars!


Since is quite bulky to carry around, I mainly stare and play with it at home. I wouldn't want the pretty case to get scratched in my makeup bag. It has a big mirror, and the cushion puff is easy to use and clean. I just use cleansing oil, and the residue comes off - good as new!


Once you've emptied the BB and tints that come with it, the product trays are actually detachable. I'm not sure if Rire sells refills, though. They should! It's a shame to not be able to reuse this pretty compact. I hope they come up with a matte one. 👍


The BB cushion contains the following key ingredients: 
  • White lupine seed oil - Contains 40% protein to replenish the skin's moisture, keeping it soft and smooth 
  • Hydrolyzed collagen - Restores elasticity to the skin for a plump complexion
  • White peony flower extract - Has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to keep the skin healthy

It comes in 2 shades: #21 and #23. I got #23 because the shade difference is just minimal. It's has a moisturizing formula that looks dewy upon application. However, this spells trouble for my oily skin. 😆 Application was a breeze using the puff it came with. It evened out the redness on my skin, and blurred my pores. The shade match was really nice. However, my skin oils up easily with this one - in just 2-3 hours I need to blot my face. I also get random itchy spots on my face when I use this, so I must be allergic to some of its ingredients. 😢


The lip and cheek colors come in pink and coral. The shades are really bright and youthful. The texture is a bit waxy, reminiscent of children's makeup. But it looks nice when worn sparingly on the cheeks. On the lips, this one goes on without much tugging, but it's not hydrating enough so by midday you will be in need of lip balm.

Swatches:

#23 cushion | pink | coral

I do not recommend this for oily skin. But if you have dry/normal skin that's not sensitive, you can give this beauty a try.

Price: P730 (currently on sale at Althea)

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...