Monday, April 27, 2020

Sappe Beauti Drink Review

Time to revisit an old beauty treat!

I've blogged about Sappe Beauti Drinks way back in 2016. It has disappeared from the market for a few years, and had a relaunch around November 2019. I wouldn't have known if it weren't for the poster on 7-Eleven's door I saw one fateful morning while I was waiting for M to pick me up.

I first bought the green bottle (fiber variant), and my, have the prices gone up! From P35/bottle, they're now priced at P65/bottle. I would go to 7-Eleven every few days just to buy this, until I decided to buy in bulk online.


We currently have 3 variants of Beauti Drink in the Philippines: Relaxing Calm, Collaskin, and S-Lim.


These are marketed as low calorie drinks, but let's dig deeper in a bit.


Relaxing Calm (with 35 calories and 13g sugar). Upon checking the ingredients list of this variant, water and juice make up 96.5% of the formula. Of course, there are calming extracts of chamomile (20mg), lemon balm (20mg), L-theanine (10mg), and lavender (5mg). The flavor is a mix of white grape, peach, and lychee. For me, this is the best tasting variant of Beauti Drink. It's surprisingly not too sweet. This drink was effective the first few times I drank it. I usually have bad sleep, but when I drank this, I was asleep before 11 PM! The more I drank it, I think my body became used to it and it ceased to knock me out.


Collaskin (with 40 calories and 12g sugar). I was looking forward to try this variant because it had 2,000 mg of collagen! This variant has other skin-friendly ingredients, but in very minimal amounts: Vitamin C (40mg), Zinc Citrate (5mg), Vitamin E (3mg), Snow Mushroom Extract (5mg). It's a mix of white grape and apple flavors, but I hardly taste the apple flavor. Upon drinking this variant, I unfortunately had an upset stomach (gas and diarrhea) with this. It also seemed to taste sweeter compared to the other variants, so I had a harder time finishing this. I will not repurchase.
 

S-Lim (with 60 calories and 12g sugar). This one is the most effective variant, and I find taking this very helpful when I'm constipated. It contains 8,000mg or 8g fiber. It also has slimming ingredients in minimal quantities: white kidney bean, L-Carnitine (20mg), cactus, capsicum, green coffee bean, garcinia, and kelp. I have no idea how the the other ingredients work, I'm only familiar L-Carnitine. This also had a pleasant white grape flavor.

I wanted to like these drinks, but I have an issue with the sugar alcohol they used. These drinks declared having low calories with "no sugar mixed" on the front label, but do check the Nutrition Facts and see Sugars (3-5g) and Maltitol (8-9g). Maltitol still has glycemic index, though not as high as sugar, it still has an effect on blood sugar. It may also cause gas and diarrhea, depending on how much you take or how your body reacts to it. This explains why I had an upset stomach with the Collaskin variant.

In case the makers of Beauti Drink chance upon this blog post, I'm suggesting they use erythritol or stevia to make these drinks healthier, with no side effects.

Price: P65
Available at Lazada

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...