Monday, September 28, 2015

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in New York Scene

My friend bought makeup from ebay and since she had three Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stains, we did a makeup swap. I gave her a lip balm, while she gave me this! I've always been curious about this product, but I'm not the biggest fan of lip gloss so I'm not buying it with my own money. LOL! I LOVE of Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stains though.

Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain (P625)
A new level of glossy wet color. Saturated lips with brilliant shine and vivid color. Available in 12 luscious shades.
  • Drenches lips in glossy wet color
  • Ultra-light creamy lipstain with Vitamin E and Aloe
  • 88% of women felt lips were instantly moisturized without stickiness


I love the rectangular packaging, so I had an easy time taking product shots, since it doesn't go rolling down the table by itself. I'm figuring that the packaging itself is transparent, so it shows you the actual shade that's inside.


It comes with a doe foot applicator, which I had a hard time working with at first because the formula was liquidy and VERY pigmented even at first swipe. I blend and always clean the edges of my lips using my pinky finger whenever I use this lip gloss.


THIS rich crimson red shade is the actual red you'll see when you apply it on your lips. However, it's too heavy for me so I press my lips together and blend it to make it look "friendlier".

And it's the only makeup you need to make a statement using your lips. I actually ended up liking it, since the gloss doesn't feel hot, sticky, and heavy at all.

Bare lips

With Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain

With Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain (blotted out)

I'm used to my lips sporting a matte red, so this one's a refreshing take on the classic makeup look. It looks better after a few minutes, once it settles on your lips. Even when I sip on water from time to time at my work desk, a hint of stain is left so I'm not left completely pale. On me, it lasts for about 3 hours. The only thing I don't like about it is that it has the tendency to bleed on my outer lips. (You won't have a big problem when you're sporting a lighter shade of this product.) You can see how it looks like blotted out. Still pretty!

In fairness, I reconsidered and now think that it's one of the lip glosses in the market worth buying. I want more, but in neutral shades for everyday wear. Revlon goes on sale regularly so I think I'll wait for that. Like Revlon Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...