Sunday, June 5, 2011

Maybelline Eye Studio Diamond Glow Eye Shadow

Maybelline has always been my go-to brand when it comes to makeup! What I'm going to share with my dear readers today is a review + swatches on 2 of their lovely Eye Studio Diamond Glow Eye Shadow palettes.

Maybelline says:
Creamy soft eye shadows with such rich pigments it holds up to 60% more glitter to make your eyes dazzle like diamonds.
For those who are first-timers when it comes to makeup and for those who just want a little bit of guide, this palette is super handy because it has instructions on how to properly apply the eye shadow colors.

Instructions behind the palette

The first palette is Copper Brown. I use this palette during daytime because of its lovely neutral shades. Because of its shimmery texture, this palette is versatile enough to also be used at night.

Maybelline Eye Studio Diamond Glow Eye Shadow in 01 Copper Brown

Swatch of Copper Brown on natural daylight

The second palette is Gray Pink. I use this palette at nighttime if I have parties or events to attend. This is my go-to palette for that romantic, smokey-eye look. Gray and pink go so well together! I use the pink shade a lot (a bit obvious, as it has already hit the pan!). I combine the pink shade with the Copper Brown palette, too, for a fresh and feminine look during the day.

Maybelline Eye Studio Diamond Glow Eye Shadow in 03 Gray Pink

Swatch of Gray Pink on natural daylight

Pros:
  • There are 7 palettes to choose from.
  • There are instructions at the pack of the palette, which are very helpful.
  • The sponge-tip applicator is not crappy at all. The creamy texture of this eyeshadow makes the sponge-tip applicator better than using eyeshadow brushes when it comes to application.
  • The creamy texture makes it a breeze to apply. It's not powdery or chalky at all.
  • It has a good amount of pigment into it.
  • The shades of the palette are versatile enough to be used day or night.

Cons:
  • It might be too shimmery for some. But hey, shimmer is good for small eyes as it reflects light!
  • Whenever I remove this at the end of the day, I always get some shimmer on my face.

Tips:
  • I personally prefer to use my fingers in applying these eye shadows because of its creamy texture.
  • When you pick up some color from the palette, make sure to dab and pat the eyeshadow on your lids first (to build up the color and make it look more vibrant), instead of spreading it all over your lids immediately. Make sure to blend well afterwards.

Would I repurchase? Yes!
Price: P499.00
Available in all leading department stores and drug stores nationwide.

Which shade of Eye Studio Diamond Glow palette do you like the most? I'm eyeing Wine Pink and Fresh Green. :)

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Ilove that products! thankyou for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Blue Iris quad the most! It makes my eyes look seductive/mysterious. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Blue Iris palette too ! The purple looks so vibrant ! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leah: I love them too. Thank you! :)

    @Cindy: I've tried the blue shade from the Blue Iris quad, and someone said I looked tired! :)) I'll try the purple shade next time. You must teach me how to apply it!

    @Ann: Yes! The purple shade looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...