Tuesday, June 28, 2011

e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Today, the product I will review is the famous e.l.f. Eyeshadow Brush. According to the Youtube gurus, this one is either a hit or miss, because for $1.00 you can't be assured of its quality. Well, here in the Philippines, the regular line of e.l.f. cosmetics and tools are at P129.75 each (except for the Studio Line which is P249.75 and for the palettes and sets). It's still affordable so it's a great brand to try especially if you're just starting to practice putting on makeup (or are bored and just want a little thing to perk you up). I got this eyeshadow brush months ago (together with my e.l.f. Total Face Brush) so here's my review.


e.l.f. says:
Expertly blends multiple eye shades while softening dramatic edges and fine lines
Brush can also multitask, use it to set powder or liquid concealer


While this brush works great for applying eyeshadow, I don't think it is for blending or setting of liquid concealers.

Pros:
  • Minimal shedding. It just shed 1 or 2 pieces of hair upon the first wash.
  • No bleeding upon the first wash.
  • The length of the bristles give adequate control when it comes to picking up eyeshadow.
  • The bristles pack the right amount of color/pigment.
  • The bristles are not too rough or scratchy. But don't expect it to be soft because of its price.
  • The brush handle is not too short or too long, it's just right.
  • Even if it is not $1.00 (or P45.00) here, it is still inexpensive compared to high-end brands.

Cons:
  • The inconsistent quality that other buyers have experienced. I hope that the silver part of the brush does not break off from its handle.
  • When cleaning, I find it hard to squeeze out and thoroughly remove the shampoo that I used to clean this brush.

Will I repurchase? Yes. This is one of the most inexpensive tools you can find that is worthy of repurchase.
Price: P129.75
Available in leading department stores.

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. in many many beauty products that u've ever try, which one do u like the most? and the most you satisfied ? my face has large pores and sometimes pimples. can you suggest a good product for me? please :(

    thanks yeah !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayati, that is a rather difficult question to answer because our skin may not react the same way even if we use the same product. I also have large pores and occasional pimples, and one product I have tried is Dermalogica's Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts. It is a moisturizer with Salicylic Acid that helps clear the skin and prevent future breakouts. Whenever I feel a pimple about to form, I put some product on and the next day, the pimple shrinks (and does not get full blown). I also love that it has no artificial fragrance or color. You can read more reviews from here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=126205/Clean_Start_Bedtime_for_Breakouts/Dermalogica/Moisturizers

    I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that ELF has inconsistent quality

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...