Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day, Papa!

Today is a very special day because it's Father's Day!

Papa with my cutie little niece, Daphne! She always smiles whenever Papa carries her. :)

One big and happy family! See the girls vs. boys ratio. Haha!

Papa is one tough man. He may not show his affection thru hugs and words, but I believe that there are other ways in which he shows that he cares for me more than anyone else can. I think that the last time he hugged me for real was when I was a kid, but being Chinese I think that it's kind of normal for fathers to be not so affectionate and touchy. Until now, my sisters and I sometimes chase him and hug him before he goes to his room to sleep! Haha! :) One cute thing that Papa does is that he buys us a big birthday cake (even if no one is celebrating their birthday) just because he does not want us to be hungry at home (he's so sweet!). Whenever we go out, he would tell us to buy anything we like, but he would not buy anything for himself. He always sacrifices his luxuries just to be able to give us a good life. When I look at his graying hair, his tired but smiling eyes, and his strong and rough hands, I see the most successful man there is. This man held me the day I was born, and I know that forever, I'll still be his little girl. I'm proud of my dad because he is a good provider, and he is able to raise our family so well. I know someday, I could also provide for him and he would not have to work anymore. I am so proud of him, and I wonder if I can also make him proud someday. I love you, Papa! Happy Father's Day! :)

I hope you all enjoyed your day. Happy Father's Day to your Daddy, too! :)

Love,
Helen

2 comments:

  1. Happy father's day to your dad. This is such a wonderful message to your dad. :)

    Your niece is so cute! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sugar! Happy Father's Day to your Dad, too. I super love my cute little niece, Daphne! She's turning one this August. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...