Wednesday, January 8, 2020

SILKYGIRL Shimmer Duo Blusher Review + Swatches

Hello, loves! Today, I'll be sharing with you a product I actually used up last year. I was able to hit the pan on one of the blush shades of SILKYGIRL's Shimmer Duo Blusher. 😁

The Shimmer Duo Blusher pairs matte and shimmer shades to illuminate your features. The matte blush can be used shading and contouring, whilst the shimmer shades can be used for highlighting. When used together, you can see an instant glow on your face at once. Oil-free and fragrance-free.

• Instant Glow
• Matte & Shimmer shades
• Oil-free & fragrance-free
• Formulated for Asian skin

Each compact comes in 2 very wearable shades. I do not quite agree that the matte shade is for contouring. As you can see from the first shade, it's pink and peach, and peach won't really do a great job in contouring. These are more like 2 blush shades in 1 compact, but I like it that way.

The packaging is sealed. Ingredients and manufacturing date is indicated at the base of the product.

Shades:

01 Cheeky Peach
 
02 Blushing Pink
 
03 Rose Petal
 
04 Sunny Glow
 

Each blusher comes with a soft brush that is actually useful. Tiny blush brushes are usually useless and scratchy, but not this one! The size is just right, so application is a breeze.

Swatches:
 
From left to right: 01 Cheeky Peach, 02 Blushing Pink, 03 Rose Petal, 04 Sunny Glow

Pros:
  • Simple packaging with separate brush compartment
  • Soft blush brush
  • Each compact comes in 2 shades of blush
  • Good for daily wear
  • Natural finish
  • Contains rose extract, arbutin, and glutathione
  • Did not cause skin irritations/breakouts

Cons:
  • Not pigmented (the upside here is that it's good for beginners)

Last year, I was able to finish up using shade 03 Rose Petal, which was my favorite among all 4 shades. It was the most pigmented variant and the most easy to apply. I can use the light pink shade alone and be good to go! This year, I am going to finish 04 Sunny Glow. I love the highlight shade of this one, and the darker shade still looks very natural on my cheeks.

I am not a fan of 01 Cheeky Peach and 02 Blushing Pink as the pigments of these don't seem to stick to the brush when I try to apply the product, so they're a bit hard to work with.

I recommend getting 03 Rose Petal and/or 04 Sunny Glow to those who are just starting to build their makeup kits. There's no chance of you overdoing your blush with these.

Price: P329


Love,
Helen

💜 Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram 💜
💜 Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...