Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Review: Quick Fx Pimple Eraser & CC Cream

I've been seeing Quick Fx products in Watsons for the longest time, and when I attended the SM K-Beauty Playground, these products were part of my loot. To be honest, I wasn't too interested in these at first as they looked like sample sachets, but it was M who told me that Pimple Eraser had a lot of good reviews and was always sold out. And so I got curious!


Quick Fx products are made in Korea. After using these for months, I finally appreciated the packaging as they're actually convenient and mess-free. I bring CC Cream in my gym bag to calm down the redness on my face post-workout, and I bring Pimple Eraser with me in my office kikay kit everyday.


Helps dry up pimples diminish and reduce dark spots due to scarring and helps protect against the sun.

Pros:
  • Convenient and mess-free sachet packaging with cap
  • Lightweight and travel-friendly
  • Just the right size for trial
  • Manufacturing and expiry date indicated on the packaging
  • Contains zinc oxide, glycolic acid, niacinamide, salicylic acid, and vitamin C
  • Dries up my pimples quickly

Cons:
  • Contains mineral oil (as 2nd ingredient) and petrolatum

Price: PHP 59
 
Despite my initial apprehension with it containing mineral oil and petrolatum (which are pore-clogging ingredients), I still tried it for the sake of review. (That's the job of a beauty blogger.) Surprisingly, it dries up my pimples fast. And whenever I feel bumps forming on my face by midday, or there's an itchy spot on my face, I just apply the Pimple Eraser and the it stops the pimples in its tracks. I'm amazed! I use this only as needed; in the morning before putting on makeup, by midday when I feel a pimple forming, and/or also in the evening, but not everyday.


Color correct formulation that conceals hydrates and protects in one application helps illuminate the skin for a healthy glow.

Pros:
  • Convenient and mess-free sachet packaging with cap
  • Lightweight and travel-friendly
  • Just the right size for trial
  • Manufacturing and expiry date indicated on the packaging  
  • Contains sodium hyaluronate, zinc oxide, fruit extracts, and v-peptide
  • Self-adjusting universal shade 
  • Minimizes redness
  • Blurs pores
  • Natural dewy finish
  • Hydrating, doesn't accentuate dry patches
  • Feels like a tinted moisturizer
  • Skin feels soft after I remove the CC cream at the end of the day
 
Cons:
  • Light coverage
  • Wears off and looks oily in hot weather

Price: PHP 99

While I like Pimple Eraser, I was not too impressed with the CC Cream. It's good for when you're staying indoors in an air-conditioned environment. For example, I like using this after I take a shower in the gym as it cancels out my skin's redness post-workout. I use it also on weekends when my family and I go to the mall. But I won't use this when I have to commute to work on a hot day as it makes me look oily. Also, the coverage is light only, so it's good only if you're skin isn't problematic to begin with.

Swatches:

Pimple Eraser & CC Cream

When worn:

Wearing Quick Fx CC Cream alone on the face

As of now, I've used up half of my Pimple Eraser sachet and I'm pretty sure I will use it up in a few weeks time. I don't think I'll be able to finish the CC Cream, unless the weather gets any cooler here which is very unlikely. 😆

Now, I'm curious with other Quick Fx products! Which ones have you tried?

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...