Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Vibrant Violet

When I read Michelle's non-biased review about this particular lippie from Maybelline, I was so torn! I like it, but I've never sported purple lips. I know I like strong shades of lippies, but mostly only in red shades. After a few days of hesitation (just because it's violet), I gave it to temptation, because it suddenly went on sale! :D


For the longest time, I already knew Maybelline made good lipsticks (and mascaras). It used to be the only brand I'd buy way back in college. The Creamy Matte Lip Color range has created a buzz because it's made of mattifying cream pure pigments, which gives the impression of being matte and non-drying at the same time.


To easily identify the Creamy Matte range, they all come with a matte brownish casing which neither looks cheap nor expensive.


All the "press release" photos you see online are quite misleading. It comes out as a violet with cool blue undertone even on Maybelline's own site, but in person it's a lot warmer and "friendlier".

Swatches:
 
1 swipe | 3 swipes


Application is a breeze. It glides on like butter without tugging my lips, but also stays on for a long time as a matte lipstick should. (I'd dare say, my lips even feel better when I have this on compared to when it's bare. And to think that this is a matte lipstick!) There's absolutely no need for any lip balm prior to application. It's long-wearing as it could last me more than half a day before retouch. It doesn't easily come off when you drink or snack, but it does come off when you eat oily food. Because of its creamy feel, it doesn't have a bone dry matte finish. It has a velvety feel, almost satin-like finish less the sheen. It's very pigmented, and the color payoff is solid and lovely.

Vibrant Violet is a bright purple shade with a warm pinkish undertone. On me, it looks like a blend of purple and pink. I did intend to wear this during events, but I was able to pull this off even at school (when I had an event afterwards). This one also leaves a hint of pinkish stain on the lips as it wears off or when you wipe it off at the end of the day.


Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. It's worth it! If you're itching to try a violet lipstick or a matte lipstick in general but don't want to shell out big bucks for it, give Maybelline's Creamy Mattes a try. The shade Touch of Spice (a mauvey nude one) is perennially out of stock! My sister and I had been trying to purchase it for months but it's not available anywhere. At P299 a pop, it is a steal for a lipstick with such good color payoff and quality.

Have you tried any shade from Maybelline's Color Sensational Lip Color range? Which one is your favorite?

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch! 

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen,

    Thanks for trusting my review!

    xoxo,
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Michelle! :) (This one's an old post! Buti nabasa mo pa hihi)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...