Thursday, April 21, 2016

Le Petit Soufflé

The Body Shop's media launch was held in Le Petit Souffle, which was a French Japanese Cafe I've been wanting to try for the longest time. I needed that extra push though, since I live in Quezon City and going to Makati just to eat sounded like a huge deal of effort to me. Going to the event was like hitting two birds with one stone, since I got to spend time with a brand I like and I got to try a new restaurant as well.


I'll be sharing with you the dishes I tried during the event!

Honey Citrus Salad (P285)
Citrus segments, garden greens, tobiko, candied walnut with lemon honey dressing on the side 

The Honey Citrus Salad was good and refreshing! I'm not the biggest fan of veggies, but finishing the entire plate didn't feel like a chore. It's a nice mix of tangy and sweet.
 
Just Mac and Cheese (P395)
Macaroni with Sharp Cheddar, Mozarella with shimeji crimini, and hungarian sausage 

Just Mac and Cheese came with a huge serving, and is definitely for sharing. They didn't skimp on cheese, so I loved this one! It's a heavy, filling, and delicious dish. 

Mille Feuille (P250)
Thousand leaves of puffed pastry with guanaja and matcha mousseline 

The description was so enticing and exotic! Mille Feuille was so lovely to look at, I almost didn't want to touch it. Just look at the lovely plating with the fresh strawberries and chocolate powder! However, it was hard to eat since the texture of the pastry was firm but gets crumbly when I try to fork several layers all at once. I devised a strategy - to separate each layer of pastry, so I fully enjoyed it even if other people gave up. It would have been better if the pastry were a wee bit more delicate. Taste-wise, the sweetness level was just right.

Iced Matcha (P100)

Iced Matcha was meh. It tasted just like the plain old steeped matcha tea(bag) with ice. I had to ask for syrup and milk to improve it, and when I added those to the drink, it became just the way I like it.

Le Petit Souffle
Address: 3/F Century City Mall, Kalayaan Avenue, Poblacion, 1210 Makati, Philippines
Store hours: Mon-Thurs: 11:00 - 21:00, Fri-Sat: 10:00 - 22:00, Sun: 10:00 - 21:00
Phone numbers: 09178418032 / 09153999588 / 5034282 / 7185681
Facebook: Le Petit Souffle

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch! 

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...