Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Dry Skin? Heal It with Vaseline!

It's so hot. I usually don't like stating the obvious, but every single summer we would get reports that temperature has hit a new all-time-high record. The difference is that now we'd get that report everyday. Almost every new day is the hottest day of the year.

I used to think that my skin would just dry out during the relatively cooler months, but now it's starting to dry out just the same. My recent lifestyle change must have been a huge factor, since I commute to and from Makati during weekdays for school. (School is love, but the commute is qué horror.) In school, it's a sudden temperature drop due to air conditioning. At home, it's so hot so I end up turning on the air conditioner earlier. There is a difference though with how I treat my dry skin though. During colder months, I use a body oil under my body butter at night. Now, I want something lighter but just as potent and healing. During summer, I can't use anything sticky and heavy. I JUST CAN'T.

It's very timely, because a huge box made its way to my doorstep.


Vaseline sent me a kit with leaves inside! :o I usually just see this "leaf comparison" in their TV ads, but it was interesting to see it in person. My inner geek got excited with the idea of a science experiment!


These leaves have been inside the box for days! The leaf without Vaseline Petroleum Jelly wilted and dried out.

  

The leaf with a coating of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly looked normal but shiny. Take note, these leaves were plucked at the same time!

Last April 8 to 10, Vaseline took the ultimate test to showcase and prove the healing power of Vaseline. They mounted a live billboard along C5 using real leaves! Half of them were covered with Vaseline Jelly, while the other half had none. After three days, the difference was visible. The side that was coated with Vaseline Jelly remained vibrant and moisturized, while the other half dried out completely. If Vaseline can keep a leaf vibrant and moisturized, imagine what it could do to dry skin! (Get a glimpse of the live billboard here!)

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

In 1859, New York-based chemist Robert A. Chesebrough created a wonder jelly, a do-it-all product that can heal burns, rashes, chapped skin, cuts, bruises, and more. A few years later, this wonder jelly was labeled Petroleum Jelly, which is now an important staple in all households because of its healing properties and outstanding skin benefits, and which is also the very ingredient that is now present in new Vaseline body lotion. 

Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Lotion
(P70 for 100ml, P126 for 200ml, P225 for 400ml)

I like the scent of Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Lotion; it smells sweet. It's rich but non-greasy. My legs are perpetually dry, so this one's a pleasant addition to my body care routine. The new Vaseline Lotion now has micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly that works deep from within the epidermis to bring back lost moisture and heal dry skin from within. Take the Dry Skin Test know the condition of your skin!


My Skin Index Test Result reported a total score of 45.5, which meant my skin is occasionally dry. (My legs are flaky, and let's not talk about my heels.) There were two recommendations, and I'm happy to have the Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Restore Lotion! It absorbs fast and keeps dry skin healed for 3 weeks! :D


My baby tub of Vaseline Lip Therapy at home won't be lonely anymore! :D Vaseline Lip Therapy isn't part of the kit, but it's a gift from my former colleague who went to the US. It's SO cute, right?

 

This summer, have all the fun under the sun! Just don't forget the SPF + these Vaseline lotions to heal your skin! Care to share what your Vaseline favorites are?

Facebook: Vaseline

Love,
Helen
Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...