Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hillside Cafe & Juice Bar

I've wanted to try juicing for the longest time. Not for weight loss, but for the health benefits associated with it. One thing I plan to buy before the year ends is a high-end slow juicer for my family's benefit (and probably for a side-business). #goals LOL! Admit it, those kind of juicers are expensive! For now, I'll try out different establishments that serve healthy food and drinks, starting with Hillside Cafe & Juice Bar in Quezon City. 


I went on a lunch date with my long lost friend La Reina, and she initially suggested a healthy restaurant somewhere near Eastwood. I suddenly remembered Hillside being nearer to our location, and so we went there instead. She loves plants and gardening, so we were quite amazed upon entering the place, because just beside the restaurant is a store where you can buy plants, seeds, and everything you need for gardening.

Inside the restaurant, they had different juice bottles on display, but the weather was so hot so we opted for a smoothie instead.

Hillside Greens Premium Smoothie (P195)
spinach + moringa + mango + banana + chia seeds + coconut meat + coconut water

We had a very difficult time ordering drinks because their menu had a whole page dedicated to beverages. We ended up splitting a tall glass of Hillside Greens smoothie. I hardly felt that I was drinking vegetables because the mango and banana had a natural sweetness that's just right. It's good and refreshing!

Oat and Rye Crusted Smoked Labahita (P495)
with mussel emulsion, organic baby arugula relish and aglio olio pasta

This pasta dish came in a huge serving that's good for sharing! The pasta and sauce were good, but we found the breading of the fish quite thick versus the meat inside. It's a flavorful, aromatic, smoked dish, but I think it would be better should there be more fish meat and less breading considering its price.

Baked Salmon (P325)
topped with caesar dressing served with brown rice and side salad

Between the two dishes we tried, I liked this one more. The salmon they used is fresh and was baked just right, though cheese would have been an added lovely touch. It's a no-nonsense healthy but delicious and filling dish that I'd order again on my next visit. (Speaking of, I'll bring my Panda with me here next time so I could sneakily add healthy food and veggies into his diet. Hihi)

Menu:



Hillside Cafe & Juice Bar
Address: 57 Mother Ignacia Street, Quezon City, Philippines 1103
Store hours: Monday to Sunday, 11:30-21:00
Contact no.: (02)3741117

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...