SkinStation (formerly known as Godiva Skin Station) is a skin care company that combines nature and science to give you the best value in skin and body solutions. Aside from offering dermatology treatments and using of state-of-the art equipments, SkinStation also offers Dermax, their exclusive professional skin care product line, formulated by SkinStation founder and CEO Fred Reyes, an award-wining chemist.
“As a professional line, DERMAX uses only the best, the latest and the safest ingredients at clinical strength, definitely at par with the world’s best skin care products. Before, we had cost limitations to contend with when formulating mass-market products. Now, with DERMAX, we have no such cost constraints as our only aim is to delight our customers,” declares Fred Reyes.
It's my first time to try a product from SkinStation's Dermax skincare range, and here's my review.
Lighten dark spots and even out skin tone
A gentle whitening lotion with intensive sun protection of SPF 50 PA+++ for fairer and smoother skin. Contains six nano-encapsulated natural whitening ingredients for improved absorption and stability:
- Alpha Arbutin from Bearberry
- Brown Algae grown in France and Japan
- Ellagic Acid from Pomegranate for whitening and anti-aging
- Licorice extract with 97% Glabridin
- Magnesium Ascrobyl Phospate (Vitamin C)
- Pine Needle Glycoprotein (plant peptide)
Directions: Apply generously & evenly on your body twice daily. Avoid unnecessary sun exposure.
Before & After
Dermax NanoWhite Body Lotion SPF 50+ PA+++ has an instant whitening effect from the first use.
Before & After
- Manufacturing and expiry dates are indicated.
- It has a long shelf life of 3 years.
- It comes in a convenient and hygienic pump packaging.
- It has a thick and creamy consistency, not runny or liquid-y.
- It feels light on the skin, and it makes the skin feel softer and more supple.
- It has a very high SPF - something you can bring during outings.
- It works great as a day lotion. It dries to a semi-matte finish on the skin, no oily/greasy film that could make dirt stick on the skin.
- It contains nano-particles of potent, natural whitening ingredients that gets absorbed into the skin more effectively compared to conventional lotions.
- It's a whitening lotion, but it doesn't have the harsh ingredients that would make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- It has an instant whitening effect; skin looks fairer and more radiant.
- It's not moisturizing enough for extra dry areas.
- Compared to other lotions, it takes longer for this to get totally absorbed by the skin. You have to apply a small amount at a time and massage it on the skin for it to blend evenly on the skin (due to its instant white effect).
- It has a mild shower-fresh scent.
- Apply to slightly damp skin or lightly mist the body first before applying lotion for easier absorption.
- Apply small amounts of product at a time and layer on the product on the skin for more coverage. Don't apply one big blob of product, as it will be harder to get this lotion absorbed.
- Recommended for daytrips, outings, just for everyday use. Preferably used during the morning (because of its high SPF content), but you can also use this at night.
Price: P499.00 for 250ml
Available in SkinStation stores.
This one has a similar instant whitening concept as Snoe Here Comes The Sunblock SPF 45. I like these kinds of lotions because they make my skin look more even, and act as a "body makeup" that doesn't look fake (in person or in pictures).
Here are some tips for top skin brightening issues I'd like to share with you (taken from Allure, December 2010):
- Don't pick your skin. It's the top cause of dark spots, which causes an injury that floods the lower layer of the skin with melanin - making it hard to get rid of.
- Whitening products work but they require patience. Apply 2x daily for 6 weeks to see the first signs of improvement and 3 months for a major difference.
- Ingredients such as soy, licorice, kojic acid, vitamin C, and arbutin fade superficial pigmentation that dulls the skin.
- Wear sunscreen everyday. One 20-minute walk is all it takes to bring back all the pigmentation.
Like SkinStation on Facebook for more information on their products and services.
I'd like to know, do you use a separate lotion for day and night? What products do you use to moisturize the body?