Thursday, February 27, 2014

Benefit Fake Up [Light, Medium & Deep]

Let's all solve the curious case of the hydrating concealer!

Benefit Fake Up [Light, Medium & Deep]

Sometimes, concealer is all you need to look fresh and awake even if the days are long and the nights are short. (Literally, since all work and no sleep can mean major haggardness.) Concealers are perfect for when you want to hide your eyebags or dark circles.


I got these samples of Benefit's Fake Up sachets in all 3 shades as part of the loot I received from answering their survey last January. I love the fact that this sample looks like a book that you'd have to flip open. How I wish they'd regularly give samples with every purchase, just so Benebabes could try more of their products!


The full-sized version of this concealer comes in a fancy silver tube packaging with pink details, and the product itself reminds me of The Body Shop's All-In-One Concealer, only on reverse.

What makes this formula unique is that the hydrating ring contains vitamin E and apple seed extract, which provides immediate moisturization, while the concealing core is has a light diffusing formula and silky smooth coverage.


The 3 shades I have are already pre-blended, so they look like this.

Swatches:

Light | Medium | Deep

Light | Medium | Deep (blended)

Light disappears on my skin, but I think I can work with either light or medium. Medium is a versatile middle shade that could also work for morenas, but deep is probably too dark even for morena skin.

Light (when worn)

I'm wearing Light here, which is a close match to my skin tone since it almost disappears (in a good way) when applied. While I don't have very problematic dark circles, I think the coverage of this concealer is nice. The pre-blended samples I got almost has that mousse-y feel, and the texture is very light. It has a dewy finish and slippery feel (which makes it ideal only for the undereyes, and not for face flaw coverage). Definitely hydrating! I applied this in the morning, topped it off with powder (which I always do for all concealers), and true enough, this stayed on me crease-free the entire day. Of course, it also manages to cover my dark circles and brighten up my eye area. This one's perfect for everyday use since it doesn't feel as heavy or thick as other concealers, and is highly recommended for those with dry skin.


Price: P1,300.00 (for the full-sized version)
Available in Benefit stores.

Have you tried Fake Up? :) Like Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook for more information on their products.

Love,
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...