Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Finally, a wearable metallic lipstick: The Body Shop Metal Lip Liquid

The Body Shop launched their Metal Lip Liquid lippies over the holidays. While I have my reservations with regards to metallic lipsticks as I imagine them to feel gritty and leave silver flecks on my lips as they wear off, all my doubts were cast aside when I finally gave it a try.


The Body Shop Metal Lip Liquid in Russet Copper is everything I did NOT expect in a metallic liquid lipstick. It goes on smoothly like gloss and yet it dries down beautifully to a matte metallic finish. Even liquid lipstick beginners can put this one on evenly and perfecty. It's texture is creamy, and it's not patchy even when you layer it on. It's velvety matte with no hint of shine or wetness. It also feels so light! I always forget I have this on when I'm wearing it. Zero grittiness, too. This one's formula is even better than the classic Matte Lip Liquid range as this one's not drying at all. It has the same bubblegum scent as the Matte Lip Liquid range.

100% vegetarian
free from animal testing, petrolatum, gluten, and carmine

Doe foot applicator

Swatches

When worn

Russet Copper almost looks like a pigmented eyeshadow on my arms. On the lips, it's a beautiful and sophisticated brown shade with hints of gold peeking through. It lasts through my heavy snacking (AKA huge order of chili barbecue and sour cream fries) with no hint of wearing off, which is very impressive! It wears of on the inner parts of my lips when I have a full meal though, but that's normal for any lipstick.


Because I loved the Metal Lip Liquid, I went to the store and swatched all the shades I saw! 😍 Pink Nickel looks more rose gold than the actual Rose Gold shade, right? And Plum Titanium is my kind of red. Everything's lovely! 💖

Price: P495 (but it goes down to P350 when its on sale!)
Available at The Body Shop stores nationwide

Learn more about The Body Shop's Holiday 2017 products here.

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For quick updates or any questions, just message me on IG! 😗

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. Akin na russet copper mo lol! Love it 😍

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...