Saturday, September 8, 2018

My Skincare Shelfie [2018]

It's been a while since I did a skincare routine post. These are the products I'm currently using. 😊

#Shelfie

Cleansers

For my makeup remover, I'm using Simple Micellar Water.  I used to think that all micellar waters are the same. I've used up Maybelline, then switched to Garnier because the formulation is almost the same but for some reason Garnier is cheaper. Simple is the third micellar water brand I've tried, and I like it the most because it's very gentle but powerful. It doesn't have alcohol and perfume in it, yet it removes my makeup fully with no dryness or irritation. It contains skin-brightening Niacinamide and also German chamomile extract to relieve inflamed skin and calm sensitive skin. I know micellar water brands claim to not need rinsing after, but I always double cleanse.

For facial cleaners, I alternate among three Althea brand exclusives: Contour Cleanser (though this one is not for dry skin as it's a tad drying) and Real Fresh Skin Detoxers AKA 10-second wash-off packs that also double as bubbly facial cleansers. I use the Rose variant during the day, Green Tea at night.

Toners

I have this (bad) habit of opening several bottles of toners just to try them out. 😑 I'm trying to correct that now, and as of press time I only have 2 left (Swanicoco and Althea). Good job, Helen!

Swanicoco A.C Control Care was from my Althea Trouble Breaker Box last year. I'm just using it up because it's expiring soon. I've used up 2 bottles of Snow Pore Minimizing Toners already, it's my cheapie thrill. It feels so minty on my skin, and it really prevents breakouts from even happening. Shiseido White Lucent Luminizing Infuser is super GOOD but expensive at P3,950 for a full-sized bottle. Althea Primer Water is not like all my toners; it has a thicker consistency (almost like an emulsion), and it feels so hydrating. I like using it during the day and I apply it using my hands in a patting motion. Sometimes, I sneakily skip moisturizer when I use this.

Serum & Eye Cream (THE BODY SHOP!)

Say hello to my first (brand) love! 😍 I haven't been blogging much about them since all I do is repurchase my favorites and that would feel repetitive to write, but right now, I'm still using The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil shower gel, Olive body butter, Strawberry Lip Butter, etc... and of course these babies!

The Body Shop's Drops of Light Pure Healthy Brightening Serum ALWAYS works for me and never fails to make my skin better. It's a skincare investment at P1,895 for a small bottle, and I'm praying for a flash deal to happen again this year so I can hoard this good stuff. Haha! Whenever I religiously use this at night, even just once a day, I am able to maintain clear skin even if I wear makeup every day. Whenever I stop using this... HALA! Basta, it keeps my skin clear and healthy. The Vitamin E Eye Cream I just got because it was on sale then. I never expected it to work wonders, but one day after I used it, I was told na "lumiit eyebags mo". OKAY, SOLD!

Moisturizers

I currently alternate between these two from Althea and The Body Shop. I use the Althea Fixer Cream on cold(er) days and nights because it has a thicker formulation. It's also what I use whenever I plan to wear my Fenty Beauty foundation since that foundations needs a heavy duty moisturizer to work. I discovered The Body Shop's Vitamin E Gel Moisture Cream from my friend Monica. She LOVES The Body Shop, too! She gave me a sample of this moisturizer in a tiny pot, and I liked it enough to buy my own tub. (That's the power of sampling!) I got mine at 50% off a few months back when they did a moisturizer swap deal. 👍 This one's 100% vegan, and contains no mineral oil and paraffin. It's made for normal to combination skin, and I like how it's instantly absorbed by my skin. It's a gel cream, but sometimes it feels warm on my skin and I don't know why, but so far so good, no breakouts. Since it's not exactly made for oily skin, do not expect oil control from this product. It also has a strong fragrance to it. For me, this is an okay moisturizer, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing just because I'm into trying out new products.

So that's the rest of my 2018 Skincare Shelfie! Whew. Care to share yours? 😉

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For more beauty snippets and food trips, do me on IG! 😗

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
(I microblog here when I'm too tired to even open my laptop. LOL)
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...