Sunday, October 1, 2017

Capsule Review: Snow Skin Whitening Skincare

Ever since my work schedule was changed from 8AM to 11AM earlier this year, I am now a fan of whitening products. I don't aim to be paper white, but my skin burns easily so I'm left with very uneven skin tone that I want to fix. Think: the part where my slacks and ballet flats don't cover, it's brown there, and the rest of my feet is really fair. It's a sad sight, and my loving coworkers bully me for it. LOL

Snow Skin Whitening products aren't really new in the market, and some of their products are admittedly pricey for drugstore products. Do they really work? I've been using their products for a month now, so it's about time for a capsule review!


I was sent 4 Snow Skin Whitening products to try: Soap, Pore Minimizing Toner, Cream, and Lotion. I've been using these products consistently for 4 weeks as of press time. Yup, I edited my skincare routine for these.


All Snow Skin Whitening products are sealed for your protection.

Snow Skin Whitening Soap


This is the first product that was released in the Snow Skin Whitening range a few years back.
 

Each bar of soap weighs 135 grams, and I've been using my bar for a month now and I'm just halfway through with it. I think each bar will last up to 2 months as long as you take it out of the bathroom after using so it won't melt.

Snow Skin Whitening Soap is made of natural ingredients. It makes use of Gigawhite (7 plant extracts from the Swiss Alps) that promotes skin lightening - reducing melanin formation and age spots. It also has ACE-B3 - a potent combination of Aloe vera extract, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Niacinamide B3. It also contains salicylic acid to reduce/treat breakouts, and glutathione is also seen at the bottom of the ingredient list.

Snow Skin Whitening Soap is almost scentless. If you're looking for a fresh or fragrant bath soap, this is not it. It doesn't lather to abundant bubbles, but it lathers creamily on the skin which I like. I leave it on for a few minutes (when I have the luxury of time) before washing it off, and it never gave me tingly or itchy skin. I only use this for my body though, so I can't tell how it works on the face. Upon washing it off, my skin feels squeaky clean. There are days when this soap feels drying that even the palms of my hands are on the verge of peeling, while there are days I can skip lotion and my skin looks radiant and healthy. What I noticed is that this soap makes my skin exfoliate faster. As in my dead skin cells shed off while I bathe with only minimal rubbing. I'm actually liking this one, since it helped my feet turn not just one, but several shades lighter. The partition of my sunburned feet aren't too evident anymore, so it's on its road to healing.

Price: P149 per 135g bar

Snow Skin Whitening Soap Ingredients

Snow Pore Minimizing Toner
 

I currently have 4 toners in circulation (not proud of it since it feels rather wasteful), and this one's what I've been using consistently for the entire September so 1/5 of the bottle is already gone by now. I was initially afraid to use this one since Alcohol is listed second on the ingredients list, but I'm relieved that it didn't dry out my skin at all. (I have oily skin.)

This toner has 7 functions:
  • Removes dead skin cells
  • Whitening and anti-acne solution
  • Skin conditioning agent
  • Anti-bacterial toner
  • Moisturizes and smoothens skin
  • Paraben-free
  • Balances pH level

My favorite part is how this toner feels so cool on the skin. It literally feels like ice on my face and is so perfect for hot days. My skin always feels so fresh whenever I use this. It also takes off my makeup residue like a boss. I wear makeup everyday, and just when I thought that I've thoroughly cleansed my skin via cleansing oil and foaming cleanser, I use this toner and it reveals more yellowish gunk left. Using this consistently has also prevented my skin from breaking out, so I'm very happy with it!

Price: P149 for 100ml

Snow Pore Minimizing Toner Ingredients
 
Snow Skin Whitening Cream


Snow Skin Whitening Cream is the most expensive product in the skincare range at P1,499 per 50ml. It targets hyperpigmentation including dark spots, age spots, acne marks, old scars, uneven skin tone, and melasma.


I love the innovative seal it came with! Do not accept if hair is missing. It's so cute! 😍 However, the seal left a sticky film on the packaging and dust sticks to it.

Snow Skin Whitening Cream and Lotion both contains these ingredients:
  1. IBR - TCLC - unique anti-oxidation capacity
  2. IBR - Snowflake - delays skin aging process
  3. Alpaflor Giga White - brightens and evens out skin tone
  4. Melfade - effective means to depigment skin
  5. Alpha-Arbutin - evens out skin tone
  6. Beta Glucan - reduces intrinsic signs of aging
  7. Resorcinol - reduction of melanin


It comes in a thick creamy texture with a slightly beige tint, and it makes my skin look better and the spots less evident after just one use. However, it has a strong floral musky scent that I am not a fan of. It also feels slightly heavy on my oily face during the daytime, so I only use this as my night cream. What I've noticed is that it made the post-inflammatory acne marks on my neck disappear. I'm amazed because it works fast, but I mean it has to work since it's expensive. To be honest, I prefer light gels as face moisturizer, and since my face is already whiter than my neck, I'm going to continue using this on my neck.

Price: P1,499 for 50ml

Snow Skin Whitening Cream Ingredients

Snow Skin Whitening Lotion
 

Last but not least is the Snow Skin Whitening Lotion. Since I'm a sucker for body care products, this one's my favorite among the 4 items I've tried. It comes in the same airless dispenser as the face cream, only this one's taller. I like the packaging because it's very hygienic and it keeps the product fresh for a long time. This lotion also reminds me of the post conditioning cream I use after every treatment at Beauty Lab Whitening. The only thing I don't like about the packaging is that I can't see how much is left inside and I can only judge by how it weighs.
 

Just like the Snow Skin Whitening Cream, the box also unfolds into an informative infographic on the active ingredients of the cream and lotion.

Snow Skin Whitening Cream and Lotion are both paraben-free and hydroquinone-free. Hydroquinone is a skin-bleaching agent that's potentially carcinogenic in very high doses. With Snow Skin Whitening products, there is no risk.
 

The lotion has a very light texture that is absorbed well by the skin. (It has a lighter texture compared to the face cream.) It goes beyond whitening as it also works as skin protection and cell repair. My flaky/scaly legs usually heal only with thick body butters particularly from The Body Shop, but Snow Skin Whitening Lotion heals my flaky legs well despite the light texture. It makes my legs look radiant "legs legs legs mo ay nakakasilaw" levels, so it's a must for me whenever I wear shorts! I also concentrate it on my uneven toned feet, which is healing. YAY! And actually on the rest of my body. I like the fresh green scent of this lotion. Using this lotion has made my skin feel softer and look healthier, too. I enjoy using it everyday.

Let me share with you an actual before and after shot of Snow Skin Whitening Lotion at work. This is my teammate's arm. (Btw, he looks like Coco Martin, but no picture para may mystery.)


Snow Skin Whitening Lotion gives an instant white effect that looks natural, but long term use will further improve the skin's texture and appearance. The texture of the lotion is also never chalky or thick unlike other more inexpensive brands.

Price: P799 for 175ml

Snow Skin Whitening Lotion Ingredients
 

Snow Skin Whitening products are available in Mercury Drugstores, Watsons, 360 Pharmacy, and other beauty outlets and drugstores nationwide.

Instagram: @snowskinwhite7

Have you tried any of Snow Skin Whitening products? Do share with me your experience on the comments section below. 😊

Love,
Helen
 
Let's keep in touch!
For quick updates or any questions, just message me on IG!

FOLLOW @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
LIKE Lucky Citrine on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...