Sunday, September 16, 2018

Review: SilkyGirl Magic BB Cushion SPF 50/PA+++

When it comes to BB Cushions, one brand always comes to mind and that's Laneige. I have one in my stash which I bought last year, but I haven't gotten around on reviewing it because I do not get the hype. I initially liked it, but even the Pore Control variant which is supposed to be matte does not have a matte finish, so a setting powder is always in order. It has a strong scent, and it also made my face itch, so I ended up not bothering to review it. If that is the best BB cushion in the market, then I'm disheartened to even find a better one. Much to my surprise, this one from Malaysian drugstore brand SilkyGirl performed even better - at least for me! This is my new HG BB Cushion, and I can't wait to tell you more about it!


While I wasn't expecting much from SilkyGirl's packaging since they've always had simple-looking ones, but the Magic BB Cushion had a classy look and feel.

SPF 50/PA+++ | Brightens
Hydrates | Oil-control
Long-wearing | Fragrance-free
Formulated for Asian skin 


The batch code and manufacturing date are printed both on the base of the compact and the box. It contains 15g of product, and is good for 12 months after opening the product.


The box states that it has an improved rubicell puff, but I cannot vouch for that since it's the first time I'm trying the product out. The pro aspect of the puff is that it's firm yet soft to the touch. It applies the BB well, and I always get an even finish while just patting it all over my face. This is a first!!! With the past cushions I had from Etude House, Tony Moly, and Laneige, I never really learned to work with the rubicell puff so I just use my fingers to blend the product. The con aspect of the puff, it's kind of sharp on the part where the top and the bottom part of the cushion is sealed, so I started by using it with caution especially when using it around the eye area. It's not SHARP in a way that it will wound you, that would be exaggerated, but it's not as smooth as it should be, so it still needs further improvement.


The product itself is sealed on the box and on the cushion. 👍

Shade: 01 Natural Light


01 Natural Light has strong yellow undertones, and initially I thought this would be too dark for my skin. Apparently, it turned out to be my shade. This BB only comes in 2 shades though, and 02 Natural Medium is not actually darker, but it has a more pinkish undertone that yellow.

SilkyGirl Magic BB Cushion has a medium to heavy coverage while feeling light on the skin! It blurs my pores and cancels out redness instantly. I notice this the most whenever I use this after my workout where my skin is most reddish. Just a few dabs of this BB, and my skin looks even in a pinch! It gives me perfect-looking skin everytime. I also like that it has no fragrance and it's not tested on animals.

This BB cream lasts for around 6 hours before I have to blot my oily face. After blotting, no need to retouch because it still looks fresh.

Wearing SilkyGirl Magic BB Cushion alone 👌

Without BB vs With BB

Ingredients


Price: P675 (Super affordable for its quality!)
Available at SilkyGirl kiosks nationwide


They're also on Buy 1 Get 1 sale on selected items too until the end of the month! 😉

FB Page: Silkygirl.Ph
Instagram: Silkygirl Philippines
Silkygirl website (main): http://silkycosmetics.com/

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For more beauty snippets and food reviews, do me on IG! 😗

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
(I microblog here when I'm too tired to even open my laptop. LOL)
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...