Sunday, August 26, 2018

Althea Haul

I always love reading and writing about Althea Korea haul posts. When I became an Althea Angel, I was gifted with a welcome gift plus some shopping credits to buy more pretty stuff for review. 💝

🌺 ALTHEA HAUL 🌺


One note though is that I promise to give unbiased reviews, so I'll start here. I checked out my order July 25. My order arrived in the Philippines on August 1, but it only got to me on August 6 since the local courier (Ninja Van) that handles COD transactions for Althea here in the Philippines caused the delay. My parcel was mishandled too: pink Althea plastic with holes that seemed like rat bites, flattened box, and my eyeshadow was not bubble-wrapped (?!). Althea would never ship out an item unprotected, so I have a feeling that my package was opened. Thank goodness nothing was broken or missing, but it gave me a mini heart attack. Next time, I'll just pay online via Paypal. I won't be doing COD anymore, unless another more trusted courier takes over COD transactions.

Now let's move on to happier things AKA makeup! 💄


I've always been curious about this eyeshadow! 16 Brand Eye Magazine went viral, and I see a lot of FAKES over at Shopee and Carousell. NO TO FAKES! If the price is too good to be true, it's fake. This authentic one is quite pricey considering it only has 2 shades in it, and I could already get a decent drugstore eye palette at the same price, but I'm a sucker for cutesy packaging so I had to have this. 😂


I had another case of "I know I don't need another lipstick but how can I resist" the moment I knew Althea was selling this type of lipstick. Kailijumei from China has the original concept of the flower jelly lipstick, but I got this one from Glamfox because it's more convenient for me to just buy from Althea. Isn't it just so pretty? 😍 It reminds me of Belle's magical rose in Beauty and the Beast. 🌹



I'm going back to being a good girl and wear my SPF everyday. I just turned 29 (!!!) and would love to not prematurely age because of the sun. My skin is oily, so among all the sunscreen selections available in Althea, this particular one from Innisfree called me because NO SEBUM. 👍


A bestseller in Althea! 💚 I reviewed this before! You can backread here. 😁 It's priced at P245 in the mall, but only P180 in Althea. Don't worry, Althea guarantees authenticity or 200% refund when proven fake. I got this one for M since it's his go-to moisturizer.
 

Althea only had around 4 hand cream brands in their website during the time I ordered, and Nine Point seemed like the best deal. It had a lot of good reviews, and for it's size (60g), it's such a steal. I chose Marry Me (insipired by Lanvin's Marry Me) and Lavender Floral (because I need relaxation in my life). I was excited and half scared to try them because what if they ended up crappy... but the quality was actually great! 😲 I tried a cheap hand cream from Mumuso (a China brand) once and it dried up my hands (!). This one's not sticky at all and it hydrates well. Good job, Althea and Nine Point. I shall hoard these as backups and gifts. 🎁
 
but I got it for free as GWP during Althea's 3rd birthday 🎂

During Althea's birth month last July, they had amazing promos every week. The final week was also the grand finale when they launched the newest shade of the Althea Petal Velvet Powder in a limited edition Pink Lavender shade. SOOO PRETTY! I made my purchases reach the minimum amount of P1,800 just to get it as a gift with purchase. The pinkish purple tones counteract sallow skin, just as how a lilac blush makes one look more youthful. Super happy to have this powder in my stash.

Althea Petal Velvet Powders originally came in a translucent shade,then #23 Warm Beige. This one's the third shade! I'm thinking maybe they'd come up with a green one too in the future to counter redness. Sounds good? 😉
 

DISCOUNT ALERT! I'm sharing with you a 20% discount on your first order at Althea. (You're welcome!) 😉 Free Shipping from Korea straight to your doorstep (not post office YAY!) on all orders P999+!

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For more beauty snippets and food trips, do me on IG! 😗

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...