Thursday, December 6, 2012

Strip's Gingerbread Cookie Wax for Christmas

Early this week, I dropped by Strip in Greenbelt 5 to try out their new Gingerbread Cookie Wax. It has been quite a while since my last visit (err, Brazilian to be exact), so I was nervous but excited at the same time. I mean, who wouldn't be excited about Gingerbread Cookies? :D

Strip, Greenbelt 5


I love how clean and well-maintained Strip is, from the hallway, the waiting area, and most importantly, to the rooms where the treatments are held. You'll see it later!


Here's the cute waiting area surrounded by press features and blog articles filled with testimonials about Strip.


I like how these cute little Gingerbread Man Cookies add a festive feel to the place. If you try the Gingerbread Cookie Wax, you get to take one home! ♥



I was led to a room where I was going to have my XXXX All Off Wax. I like how clean and private it is. They even a cabinet where you could hang your clothes and leave your stuff.


On the bed were fresh towels and this cute candy cane pillow for me to hold and squeeze!



Strip has a HSQ mantra, which stands for Hygiene, Speed, and Quality. Hygiene is super important especially for delicate procedures, and Strip knows that well. Each therapist wears a pair of latex gloves for that good clean strip. They're also strict with the no double-dipping rule, so you're sure that the wax is clean and not contaminated in any way. As for speed, Strip can do a full Brazilian wax in as fast as 15 minutes! (However, this would also depend on the amount of hair and pain tolerance of the client.) Strip only uses the best customized wax for their clients - in the yummiest scents to boot!


On the shelves were three kinds of waxes, all of which I could have eaten if I didn't know better! They all smelled like the real thing!


Strip Vanilla Cupcake Wax

Strip Gingerbread Cookie Wax


Strip's Gingerbread Cookie Wax made me feel as if I were in a bakeshop, instead of a waxing parlor. It smelled like sweet cookies with a hint of spice. I loved that Strip uses hot wax for Brazilian, as this kind of wax opens up the pores so hair could be removed easier. Plus, the warmth of the wax feels soothing on the skin.

My therapist this time was April, and she made me feel at ease. What was pure anxiety at the start turned into a friendly chat, where we talked about bushes (she lost count on how many she has pruned!), and boys and waxing (haha!). Along the way, she also gave me tips on how to care for my skin post-wax.

Since this was an overdue visit, I was back to square one (if you know what I mean), which meant that there was a lot of waxing to be done. April started off with a bikini wax (where the hair from the outer part was removed first) to gauge if I could carry on to Brazilian (of course, I could!), then proceeded to the more sensitive areas. What I had was the XXXX All Off (Brazilian) Wax, which meant that no strand of hair would be left from front to back. Yes, it was painful, but very tolerable. (No need for pain medication, but those with low pain tolerance could opt to take it beforehand.) It felt like the first time all over again, but it was so worth it. Now I have baby soft and smooth skin! Hair grows back in about a month, but the more often you wax, the finer and sparser your hair down there becomes. I suddenly have an urge to go to the beach and wear my bikini loud and proud without fear of anything making a peek-a-boo!


Everyone who tries out the Gingerbread Cookie Wax (on any waxing procedure, not necessarily a Brazilian) gets a cute Gingerbread Man cookie for free!
 

These Gingerbread Man Cookies are made by Party Perfect. Owners Lisa Ugarte-Tirona and Soeng Ikeda launched Party Perfect in 2010. Their products range from edible centerpieces, themed dessert buffets, giveaways, diaper cakes, baby shower treats, etc. Feel free to book them for your future events!

Party Perfect: Bringing Your Ideas To Life
Email: lisa_ugarte@yahoo.com, soeng888@gmail.com, or party.perfect@yahoo.com
Phone: 0917-5361221 or 0917-8376364



Clients of Party Perfect who purchase a minimum of P900.00 from them will get a 30% off coupon for the Warm English Gingerbread XXXX All Off Wax.


I was also given a mini "Keep Calm and Strip On" Post Treatment Care manual, which had instructions on how to care for my freshly waxed skin.


Because Christmas is just around the corner, why not give your friends the experience of having a hair-free day? Strip is now offering Gift Vouchers in P500.00, perfect as gifts! If you're curious, a XXXX All Off Wax costs P1,200.00 for the ladies (Brazilian), and P1,950.00 for men (Boyzilian).


The Gingerbread Cookie Wax is actually available for a limited time only, just this Christmas season, so you better book your appointment now while you can! Let's all show Strip Manila some love by liking their page on Facebook. :)

Strip Greenbelt 5
4F Greenbelt 5 Phase 2 Legaspi Street, Ayala Center Makati
Store Hours:
Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 9PM
Fri-Sat: 11AM to 10PM
T: +632 5013997
E: strip.greenbelt5@hareminc.com 

Strip Serendra
2F Serendra Bonifacio High St. Bonifacio Global City Taguig
Sun-Thurs: 11AM to 9PM
Fri-Sat: 11AM to 10PM
T: +632 9010892
M: +63 9178472112
E: strip.serendra@hareminc.com

Love,
Helen

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...