Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel

Happy midweek Wednesday, everyone! Weekend seems so far away, but we will not let that bog us down will we? :) I'll share another review on one of my favorite beauty brands, The Body Shop. I was actually wondering what skincare product I could buy from the P300.00 beauty cash I got from upgrading my Love Your Body (LYB) card, and it was Ms. Moira of LYB who told me about this eye gel. I never knew The Body Shop had this eye gel. I got this over a month ago during my makeover with the lovely Via (of The Body Shop SM Mall of Asia).

Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel (P395.00 for 15ml)

How To Use:
  • Gently smooth around the eye area using fingertips. Store in the fridge for an extra-cooling sensation.

Key Ingredients:
  • Elderflower extract
  • Witch hazel

Full Ingredients:
  • Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel Distillate) (Astringent), Sambucus nigra (Elderflower water) (Natural Additive), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Imidazolidinyl Urea (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant).

Cools, soothes, refreshes.


To tell you the truth, I am super lazy when it comes to skincare. But this one I really need right now since I lack sleep all the time. Ever got that feeling when you use the computer for too long or when you sleep late and your eyes seem to tear up because it's so tired? How about late night crying? This eye gel could help! It lessens puffiness around the eye area when you apply this in the morning. I like the immediate cooling sensation it gives upon application, even if I left it in room temperature all day long. What more if I stored it in the fridge?

Since it's unscented, the first thing I did upon opening the jar is to smell it. I was curious on what unperfumed would smell like, and it was not bad at all. In fact, it smelled "clean", if that's the right word to describe it. The gel is mild; it does not cause a stinging sensation. Since it's gel, it's not as heavy as creams are, so it's easily absorbed by the skin. Also, it does not cause milia or small bumps on the eye area.

One con of this product is that it does not lighten dark circles or lessen wrinkles. All it does is to cool and soothe the skin, which is its main purpose after all. Recommened for teens, and those without severe eye area concerns, since this eye gel does not do much.

I like this product a lot because I just added P95.00 for it, but if it were in full price, I probably would not repurchase.

What eye cream/gel are you using and how does it work for you? :)

Love,
Helen

8 comments:

  1. i'm using kiehl's and philosophy eyecreams interchangeably. :) i also have a tube of claudalie's eye cream but haven't gotten around to using it yet. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sugar: Soo many eye creams, so little time! :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad this does not lessen darkness.. i badly need one.. any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krystle: I haven't found one either! Hehe. Try mo yung Sunflower Beauty Oil ng Human Nature. Sabi nila nakakalighten DAW. Pero sa kilikili ko siya nilalagay. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I got milia after using Human Nature Beauty Oil as eye area moisturizer for consecutive days. :( Can you recommend a whitening eye cream that wouldn't cause any such reactions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: Hi there, thanks for dropping by. Sad to hear that the Sunflower Beauty Oil caused you milia. :( With regards to your question, I have only tried a few eye creams and how it reacts to your skin really depends on your skin type. This one from The Body Shop does not lighten dark circles. The other one I have tried is the Brightening Eye Moisture Cream from Elizabeth Arden. You may check it out here: http://luckycitrine.blogspot.com/2011/08/elizabeth-arden-white-glove-extreme.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will try. Thanks! Also, the reaction from HHN beauty oil came just from consecutive use. I still use it though, but less frequently, which doesn't seem to aggravate the milia. The good thing about it is that it DOES lighten the lips. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous: Wow! I read about that in the brochure, but I still haven't tried it on my lips. I bought it for the main purpose of giving love to my underarms. Hahaha! :D Thanks for the tip, now I will try that as well. One more thing, I also use it on my cuticles, and it prevents hangnails from forming. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...