Monday, February 10, 2020

Current Skincare Routine

Just sharing with you guys my current skincare routine! 😉 This post was inspired by my friend Merry-An who messaged me on IG asking what skincare products I can recommend.

Here are the products I am currently using!

The cleanser, toner, and moisturizer - I've been consistently using since last year. The anti-acne products I just use as needed. As for the eye cream, I'm trying my best to use them everyday.


Cathy Doll Ready 2 White Lightening Foam Cleanser (P199)
Anti-pollution substance, skin brightening, helps prevent formation of wrinkles, helps reduce dark spots

I used this facial wash everyday for 4 months and now it's empty! I started using this when my face had an allergic reaction from a makeup counter makeover (yikes!) and this helped my skin calm down to it's normal, spot and itch-free state. It contains Glutathione and extracts from berries for brighter complexion. I'm not sure how a facial wash could diminish wrinkles (I don't think it does), but it does help my skin look less dull.

Backread more Cathy Doll reviews here.

AcneCare Anti-Acne Toner (P149)
with Micro Silver; Visibly reduces acne, pimples and oily skin

One of my well-loved, reliable toners since 2018. This is the second bottle I've emptied, and I have another one as backup in my stash. Read my detailed review of this affordable and effective toner here.


Fresh Skinlab Jeju Aloe Ice Soothing Gel Lotion (P199)

I started using this twice a day last June 2019, and the tub is still half full! Sometimes, I also use this on my body when I'm too lazy to use a separate lotion. I think this will last me a year. Confession: I didn't really care about aloe gel lotions until Anne Clutz reviewed this one for the second time on her skincare update. She was glowing, and I was sold! I had a hard time finding a tub that time since it went viral and was sold out everywhere, and BF bought this for me! 😍 This water-based moisturizer has aloe barbadensis leaf water as second ingredient, but the third ingredient is alcohol, which could be a turn-off for some. I used to put this inside the ref for maximum cooling effect, but then realized that leaving it in room temperature was just fine and it still had a mild cooling/soothing effect. It leaves my skin moisturized, but sometimes, it's not enough for the dry and cold air in the office as my cheeks still feels slightly flaky by mid-day. On most days, it works well and my skin looks healthy. It has a light texture and it doesn't clog my pores. I have the original formulation with paraben, but they have reformulated and removed paraben from the ingredients on the second release. For me, this one's a nice, affordable moisturizer that feels delightful on my skin. I do feel an instant cooling down of my skin's temperature, but nothing too minty/tingly.
 

Quick Fx Pimple Eraser (P59)
with Glycolic acid, Salicylic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin C & Niacinamide

This was part of my #SMKBeauty loot, and to be honest, I was scared of using it at first. It was M and the good reviews I read that convinced me to give it a try, and I'm happy I did. I only use this as needed, of course. It effectively dries up my pimples, and stops them from popping out when I feel an itchy bump on my skin. You may read my full review here.

Mentholatum Acnes Sealing Jell (bought from Taiwan)
Anti-bacteria & prevent acne

It contains 2% sulphur and salicylic acid to treat pimples. It comes in a clear gel formula that dries without leaving a trace on the skin. It's not drying, but it does nothing. It doesn't act fast, at least for me. Well, I still use it sometimes because it's still better than not using anything at all. I'm just using it up, but I won't repurchase.


Cathy Doll Ready 2 White Milky Tone Up Eye Serum (P249)

This eye roll on reminds me of Garnier's product that was released a decade ago. This one contains milk for your dark circles, and the serum texture feels hydrating while being lightweight. The roller ball applicator feels cool on the skin, and can double as eye massage. The formula is mild and it never irritated my eyes.

Clinique All About Eyes
Reduces circles, puffs

What I have is a 7ml GWP tub, but the full-sized 15 tub retails for P2,300. This one's such a treat to use as it's instantly absorbed by the thin skin around the eye area. It makes my skin super soft. I also try to use this every night as I'm starting to see crows feet. GASP! Will update you guys if this truly helps. Wait for it in a few months. Haha!

I think my skincare routine is pretty simple. What's your current skincare routine?

Love,
Helen

Follow @LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Like LUCKY CITRINE on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...