Sunday, January 28, 2018

Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor

Whenever I want to take a break from my matte lipstick streak, I reach for hydrating lipsticks to nourish my lips back to health. Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor was released in the Philippines late last year. Out of the 15 shades available, these 2 shades are my top picks among the bunch. Like I said before, I'm more into reds and nudes! 💄


These lipsticks contain hyaluronic acid for hydration. The vibrant color pigments are suspended in a clear gel base, giving it a very lightweight (and not waxy) feel. The creamy mango and whipped vanilla fragrance is the exactly same as Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor. Heck, I think Rhubarb from the Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor and Passion from Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor are quite similar when worn on the lips, since their Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor doesn't dry down to a completely matte finish anyway. Only, this one comes in a convenient stick form.


These lipsticks come in a pretty long and slim tube with a precision tip to sculpt the lips. The cap is secure and does not easily come off. The packaging might look big, but it only contains 1.7 grams. Bullet lipsticks usually have 3-4 grams of product, which makes this expensive for a drugstore lipstick.

Desert

Desert is the 3rd lightest shade in the range. Desert seems more like a tinted lip balm as it doesn't alter my lipcolor, but just makes my lips look healthier. This one will look gorgeous with dramatic eyes, but since I'm lazy I skip eye makeup when I'm just going to work. When I don't have any other makeup on, I look pale with this so I just use this for errands or during relaxed weekends when I want to fake not wearing any makeup. LOL

Rhubarb

Depending on the shade you pick, the Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor can range from sheer to very pigmented. Rhubarb is a gorgeous pinkish red shade that looks WOW! 😍 I like this more than Desert. It brightens up my face instantly. The only caveat is when I apply too much, it has the tendency to migrate to my front teeth and bleed out of my lip lines since it has a soft balmy formula. You can blot a layer off with tissue to leave a cute popsicle stain - this way, the color won't bleed.

It transfers to cups, but it lasts fairly long as it doesn't get completely erased after a heavy meal - especially for Rhubarb. I'm amazed because it's hydrating and yet it stays on pretty well.

Price: P575
Available at Revlon counters nationwide

Check out the nice deal I spotted on Facebook:


Get your favorite shade of the Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor and any two-way powder foundation or pressed powder* for only P1,000!

*You can select from the following items: ColorStay Pressed Powder, ColorStay Two-Way Powder Foundation, PhotoReady Pressed Powder, PhotoReady Two-Way Powder Foundation, and Age Defying with DNA Advantage Two-Way Powder Foundation.

Promo runs until January 31 at all Revlon counters nationwide.

Happy shopping! 💸

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For quick updates or any questions, just message me on IG! 😗

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...