Sunday, February 5, 2017

Cathy Doll Geisha Iroka Eye Color Mousse in #1 Unubore

Time for another makeup review! My longtime readers will know how I love to just play with lipsticks and be lazy with eye makeup. Hehe! 😀 The most I'd wear are neutral eyeshadows, but over the holidays, Cathy Doll sent me their Golden Gift Box, which contained the Geisha Iroka Eye Color Mousse. It had a very strange texture, which enticed me to give it a try. (I've reviewed another product from their Geisha range, which was the Geisha Hanazakari Lip Matte, and I was impressed with it!)
 

✔ Compact shimmer molecule
✔ Soft texture
✔ Sparkling color
✔ Perfect blend of 2 colors


Despite the colorful box, the eyeshadow came in a simple black pot with a clear cap for easy shade identification.


Upon opening the screw cap, the product itself is protected by a thin plastic film. (Even if you remove the plastic film upon first use, you don't have to worry about it getting messy since this one's in mousse form.)


The shade #1 Unubore comes in the precious gold + jade green, which is described as charming and futuristic. It looks really cool! The two colors are blended well and they complement each other.


Because of the gritty look, I didn't expect it to have a super soft texture. (Almost in between cream and powder. It's so unique!) I almost touched the pan on the jade green side of the pot. Oops! 😅 The pan was quite shallow though, but since it's very pigmented, a little goes a long way. With this type of product, I prefer to just use my fingers for easy application. Blending is a breeze, too!

Swatches:

 
Jade Green | Precious Gold | Combination

I WOWed at the swatches! 😮 They look like foil shadows. Pigmentation is definitely awesome.

When worn:


Because I'm not used to rocking loud eyeshadows, I just used the combined shade sparingly to add shimmer to my eyes.


I finished the look with Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Laguna Beach. It was commute day so I didn't want to look flashy, but for nighttime events, I'd do the more dramatic eyeshadow look. 😉

Price: P450
Available at Cathy Doll kiosks/stores:


I'm happy with my newfound liking for colored eyeshadow. Hihi! Will try to be more adventurous with makeup this year!

Instagram: @cathydollphils

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...