Thursday, July 21, 2016

#CreateWithCream: Creamy Chicken Adobo is LOVE!

I grew up in a Chinese household where saying "I love you" is awkward or never done at all. Ever since I was a kid, I never heard Mama and Papa tell me that they love me, but they don't have to - I know they do. I think their love language are giving gifts and feeding us. My sisters and I may seem skinny, but we eat a lot! My dad would buy us whole birthday cakes just because. My mom would still prepare our food even if she's busy tutoring my youngest sister. It would be very nice if I could match their love language and make something special for them. ♥

Yesterday was an extra fun day for Panda and I because we attended Nestlé Cream's #CreateWithCream event. The first image that pops up when I think of Nestlé Cream is always fruit salad being the kitchen newbie that I am, but yesterday I got to learn something new. You can add a new creamy twist to a classic savory Filipino favorite to make mealtimes more special!

Now Cooking: Creamy Chicken Adobo


Celebrity chef Rob Pengson did a live cooking demo for us. He's in charge of some of Manila’s finest restaurants: The Goose Station, Hyve and Vyne, Hungry Hound, Niner Ichi Nana, and Olive Tree Kitchen and Bar.


Creamy Chicken Adobo

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces, approximately 1 kg
  • 1/3 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 sachet 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
  • 1/4 cup crushed garlic
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 pack NESTLÉ ALL PURPOSE CREAM 250mL

Procedure:
  1. In a pot, boil chicken in vinegar, soy sauce, water, MAGGI MAGIC SARAP and garlic. Cook uncovered until boiling. Lower the heat and simmer while covered until chicken is tender but not disintegrated. Simmer for 10 minutes. Strain sauce and reserve.
  2. In a large pan, heat the oil. Pan-fry the chicken until golden brown. Remove excess oil.
  3. Pour in the reserved sauce and simmer with the browned chicken until sauce is almost dry.
  4. Pour in NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream and remove from heat. Serve hot.

Tip: When pouring Nestlé cream into the pan, push the chicken aside first so the cream only touches the sauce. Pour Nestlé cream in slowly and whisk it FAST for it to emulsify.

I learned that the technique of twice cooking the chicken adobo to give it flavor and crisp, then the finishing touch of Nestlé Cream gives it the rich, creamy, delicious twist.

Chef's special: Creamy Chicken Adobo

While the Creamy Chicken Adobo was being cooked, the aroma of the dish was just wafting throughout the venue. Nasaan na ang rice?! :D After the demo, Chef asked if anyone would want to try cooking the same dish during the event. They needed 3 pairs of volunteers, and I wasted no time and raised my hand ASAP. I wanted to make the most out of it and I really wanted to cook this dish together with Panda!

Chef Panda (He's opening a restaurant next month!)


He did most of the cooking, while I did the motivating and cheering...


...and smiling and posing. Hoho! Joke lang, nagparticipate naman ako. :D

Before & After

The chicken adobo already smelled so good in its classic form, but when Nestlé Cream was added to the dish it became even more special. (Just a single addition in the ingredients made such a huge difference!) Our sauce initially had a strong vinegar flavor, but Nestlé Cream toned it down and gave it a creamier and thicker texture. Imagine a mix of savory, tangy, and creamy flavor all in one dish! ♥ When poured over rice, the rich sauce just wraps around each grain. My mouth is watering again just thinking about it.


Here's our own version of Creamy Chicken Adobo! And no, you may not use my shot in joining the #CreateWithCream contest or else I'll report you. :)


Thank you, Chef Rob and Nestlé Cream! We enjoyed and learned a lot. I'm excited to recreate this recipe of Creamy Chicken Adobo at home. When I was telling my sister about the event, she told me that a colleague from her previous workplace always made delicious creamy pork steak for them using Nestlé Cream, too. That's something to try as well! :D

Facebook: Nestle Cream

Have you tried cooking with Nestlé Cream? Feel free to share with me your favorite dish/recipe! I want to learn more and cook more para sa kinabukasan. Haha :D

Love,
Helen
Let's keep in touch!

Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...