Sunday, January 19, 2014

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

Nowadays, I always have to have a lip balm with me everywhere I go. If I forgot to bring one, my lips would be cracking by midday! :o

Burt's Bees has been in my must-try list for the longest time. But then, I have this habit of using just 1 or 2 lip balms at a time, so I get to finish them up.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about.


What sets Burt's Bees products apart from typical lip balms is that they're good for you and also for the environment. It's made from 100% natural ingredients, does not do animal testing, and the packaging is made from recycled materials.


Check out the ingredients list! It has none of those hard to pronounce chemicals that could potentially harm our health. Unlike conventional lip balms that have petroleum as base, Burt's Bees makes use of beeswax, which is derived from nature and is highly sustainable.


The one I have is in a classic stick form, something I actually prefer over potted ones due to convenience and hygienic reasons. The first time I tried it, I found that it had a "rough" waxy glide, since I'm used to petroleum-based lippies. It takes a little getting used to, but I'm okay with that. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm goes on clear and moisturizes my lips just as any lip balm does. But what I do love about it is the cool, minty sensation that lingers on the lips for a good 10 minutes or so. I wish it had SPF and some tint to it; for me, that would make this lip balm perfect.


For a natural product, it has to be affordable - since the ingredients are simple and from nature after all. That's just the way I think it should be. In the US, this is priced just right at $3.30 (approximately P149.00), but at Beauty Bar you can get one at P325.00.

Burt's Bees is available at Beauty Bar stores and online at http://shop.beautybar.com.ph/.

So far, I'm liking Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm but I think I can find something more affordable but works just a well or even better. What's your current go to lip balm, and what can you recommend? :)

Love,
Helen

12 comments:

  1. I love my Chapstick Classic in Strawberry, use it like almost everyday. And i believe its around P150 more or less. Does the job! :)
    I have very dry lips also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that flavor of my Chapstick was one of the first few lip balms I used! Yes, it does the job indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. At first, this lip balm works for me. I love its minty flavor and its moisturizing properties but I don't know what happened. Every time I use it, I always get lip allergies so every time my aunt gives me a stick, I just give it to my bf. I should try and use a new stick again and see if it still works! Thanks for this review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you might be allergic to one of its natural ingredients. Or just try their other variants. ;)

      Delete
  3. Human Nature peppermint lip balm works very well. It's affordable at less than P100 too. My lips are prone to dryness, but this one keeps them moisturized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard lots of rave reviews about that one! If I do run out of lip balms, I'll try that for sure! :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm currently using the Nanny Rose, although I don't like the idea of how i dip my finger into the pan just to get the product on my lips. Although before that, I was using the Lip Ice and it's a cheaper and good alternative too. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wala pa kong nattry na Nanny Rose. Loser ako. Hahaha! :D

      LipIce is also a cheap and effective lippie. I liked both the color-changing and the regular minty ones.

      Delete
  5. That's my trouble with Burt's Bees products... they do work, but they're still quite pricey. What's more, there are more affordable alternatives naman. So why bother buying them? I don't mind buying items that are a bit more expensive if they really are better than the rest. But this balm is just as good as the others so I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on that, and we have lots of options rin for lip balms. :)

      Delete
  6. For a first-time user, the waxiness isn't all that attractive! But after long-term wear, I find that this feels better than the sometimes-greasy petroleum variants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waxy feel does take a little getting used too, but once you get the hang of it, it feels just like a regular lip balm. :D I don't miss the greasy feel of petroleum variants. Haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...