Thursday, April 21, 2011

L'Oreal Infallible Lipcolour Compact

I have never used a lipstick that stays on for like forever, so when I was gifted by my colleague with the L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour Compact in 220 Terra Cotta, I got all excited and tried it on ASAP!

L'Oreal says:
At last, the first long-wearing lipcolour that will not disappoint. The Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour's patented formula offeres superior elasticity for 16 hours of beautiful, comfortable colour that won't flake off or wear out mid-lip. An intensely moisturizing complex including Marine Collagen and Vitamin E protects and conditions lips, preventing moisture loss over time. A patented precision applicator and innovative mirror packaging mean colour goes on-and stays on-beautifully.

I love the packaging because it also serves as a mirror.


At first, I thought that this was just a lipgloss. But this liquid lipcolour gives a solid, matte look.


The conditioning top coat is really moisturizing.


This version is different with what we have here in the Philippines.


What we have here is a solid lipstick for its lipcolour.


Tips:

Step 1: Apply a thin layer of lipcolour to clean lips. For best results, allow to dry for 2 minutes.


Be careful not to get this on your teeth.This liquid lipstick dries quickly to a matte finish. As it was drying, it gave my lips a dry and tight feeling, so you really have to use to conditioning topcoat afterward.

Step 2: Apply conditioning topcoat to seal colour and provide a natural shine.


This gave my lips instant relief (from the dry feeling). I like the natural, glossy finish. And the lipcolour does not stain the conditioning topcoat.

The result: A natural finish, perfect for everyday wear.

I tried rubbing this off with tissue but it does not budge. After eating and drinking, there is still no sign of fading. This lipcolor stays on for hours! There will be no retouching needed here, and the color won't bleed or travel to your teeth. You may reapply the conditioning topcoat throughout the day to prevent dryness. At the end of the day, you have to use an oil-based makeup remover to get this off your lips.

I don't know about the price and availability of this product in the Philippines, but I have seen some of these being sold on Ebay. :)

What other long-wearing lipcolours have you tried?

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kitten! This was bought from US and given to me as a gift, but my friend told me that her mom also uses this same product and that she got it from PCX. I'm not sure about its availability now, but we do have the other version here wherein the lipcolour is in lipstick form, which retails for P975.00 locally, and is available in leading department stores nationwide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like an ever bilena product! hahaha the one with a lippie on one side and gloss on the other.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I also saw that one! I think EB copied the packaging of L'Oreal.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...