Sunday, March 25, 2018

My favorite reds - lip balm, lipgloss, and lipstick!

You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
And I got that red lip, classic thing that you like
-Taylor Swift
 

My go-to makeup look is the classic black eyeliner + red lipstick combo. Some might shy away from red, some might reserve it for special occasions, but I'd wear it any day. 💋 Today, I'll be sharing with you my favorite red lippies in 3 forms.

The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Strawberry


The Body Shop's Born Lippy Lip Balm is a classic. It's the lip balm I dreamed of having when I was a kid living on allowance, no kidding! I finally bought my first tub of this good stuff way back when I was in high school. I've been repurchasing this on and off since I have a lot of lippies in my stash, so this one's my 4th repurchase. (Proof!) I chanced upon The Body Shop on flash sale last December, and got this at a whopping 50% off (from P250 to P125!). I've broken my personal rule of not buying stuff I don't need, since I have unopened lip balms in my drawer, but this one's too good to pass up.


This tub is now made in Germany, and I'm not sure if they've refomulated, but it still has that deliciously sweet strawberry scent AND flavor. My 7-year old niece exclaimed, "It tastes like Air Heads!" the first time I let her try this. (Start 'em young! LOL) It also has an ever so slight tint that brings my pale lips to life when worn alone.

This is the Air Heads candy she was referring to. LOL

Born Lippy vs Bare Lips

Happy, healthy lips 💋

I love using this before I sleep to give love back to my lips as I wear matte lipsticks all day long. I wake up to super soft lips in the morning! 🌞

Tip: Whenever I retouch matte liquid lipsticks after lunch, sometimes they leave a flaky, uneven residue. I also use this lip balm to REMOVE the remaining liquid lipstick and reapply for a smooth look.
Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi Gloss in 400
 

This cute little lip gloss is a gift from Dawn. What I find most interesting about this gloss is its applicator - it has a lip-hugging shape for a precise application and split tip to get just the right amount of gloss. Shade 400 is Orange Red, and it's very pigmented for a lip gloss. It lasts for a long time, around 4-5 hours! Because it's a gloss, it's still a bit sticky considering I'm used to liquid matte lipsticks. I also have to apply it with caution so it won't migrate to my front teeth. But I like the shade and how it makes me look fresh even when I'm just wearing powder and this alone. Dalagita days. Haha

MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo

AKA my favorite Christmas present from last year 🎄


This one's my first MAC lipstick, and I am so happy with it! Ruby Woo is a very matte, vivid blue-red shade. I've always preferred blue-based red lipsticks since they complement my skin tone better. But then, it's been said that Ruby Woo is a red that anyone can wear.

While I love the color, the formula tugs on my lips (that's already in tip top condition) so I can't imagine using this on dry, chappy lips. I also can't get it on evenly on the edges, so I had to buy a retractable lip brush to make it work. I apply the lipstick straight from the bullet and just fix the edges with a lip brush and it looks perfect! If I didn't love the color this much, I won't bother with it since it takes effort to apply. It wears beautifully and last long. It doesn't feather or bleed, but it fades on the inner lips whenever I have a full meal. Retouching is necessary but easy since it's just on the inner part. The best part of it all, I feel confident whenever I have this on. Also, it has a lovely vanilla scent! 😉

What's your favorite red lippie? 💄

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch!
For quick updates or any questions, just message me on IG! 😗

@LUCKYCITRINE on Instagram
Lucky Citrine on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I see something familiar!! Haha!

    I love that you shared a lip balm, a lip gloss, and a lipstick! Ruby Woo is still a favorite of mine even though I've had so many matte lippies and liquid lipsticks. It's just a classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember dati nung nasa nail sparty mo years ago, I complimented your red lips and you told me it was Ruby Woo. Forever nagstick na sakin! Haha. It looked and still looks great on you! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...