Saturday, March 26, 2016

Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer

My lashes are basically non-existent, and in the past, I've had a short-lived love affair with lash extensions. Lash extensions would make me feel beautiful until they start falling off unevenly. After that, I let my lashes recover by literally doing and using nothing on it for months. (So much for being a beauty blogger!) But now I'm back and more determined than ever to practice more when it comes to doing my eye makeup. Benefit's They're Real Tinted Primer is one of the newest additions to my ever evolving makeup kit and this shiny silver tube got excited me with eye makeup again!


Benefit They're Real Tinted Primer works in 2 ways. You can wear it alone since it's tinted to a mink brown shade, or you can wear it underneath your favorite mascara for an extra dramatic length boost. To be honest, I tried to work with They're Real mascara before, but I wasn't blown away with it at all. I have short and sparse lashes, and when I tried to layer it on, I got spidery lashes. Hence, I decided to just give the They're Real Tinted Primer a whirl on its own.


They're Real Tinted Primer comes in a sleek silver tube. It contains 8.5g product inside, and just like usual mascaras, it's good for 6 months upon opening.


One noteworthy thing about this tinted primer is its ExtraFlex brush which literally does yoga for you! It's custom-designed to move (and even bend) so you could reach, separate, and coat even the tiniest lash. Heck, this can even work on lower lashes!

Before & After
With They're Real Tinted Primer alone vs bare lashes
 
I love using this tinted primer as a stand alone product because it makes my lashes more defined and feathery even on its own. It comes in a water-resistant gel formula and it doesn't smudge, and it's also easy to remove at the end of the day. It also nourishes my lashes with the conditioning ingredient ProVitamin B5 (Yes, the same one always advertised in Pantene commercials!). I believe this one strengthens my lashes as I haven't had fall out upon removal. This primer revealed to me the lashes I never knew I had - even the lower lashes! It's lightweight and gentle too, so it's a good everyday mascara if you're after a natural look. 

If you're planning to layer mascara over it, this is the obvious choice. White primers work to lengthen my lashes by leaving fiber on each strand, but they also leave my black mascara looking grayish sometimes. You won't have that problem here since this mascara already has a dark mink brown tint. You just have to let it dry first before applying mascara, and you're good to go.

Tip: Benefit recommends They're Real Tinted Primer + Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara for vavavoom lashes!

Price: P1,400
Available at Benefit stores in Manila: Greenbelt 5, Megamall (2/L Bridgeway), Trinoma, MOA, ATC, BGC Central Square, Rustan's Makati, and Rustan's Shangri-la

Like Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

Let's keep in touch! 
 
Lucky Citrine on Facebook
Lucky Citrine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...