Monday, November 23, 2015

East Meets Flavor at Wingstop

Most (if not all) of my friends love chicken! Whenever we go out, we almost always gravitate towards a restaurant that specializes in good chicken dishes. One of our favorites is Wingstop, and this restaurant has definitely gone a long way in pleasing everyone's tastebuds with every flavor imaginable (spicy, sweet, savory - you name it, they have it!). Imagine this: They have 10 flavors available...and counting! ;)


Wingstop is no stranger to flavor, so even though it's American born (in Texas, to be exact), it adapts to its Asian market (particularly to chicken-loving Pinoys) with their newest flavors of Asian Wings! And...I am beyond excited so I took a half day leave from work for this. LOL :D
 

My Panda and I arrived Wingstop in Glorietta 2 to be greeted by the Wingstop team and Krissy. We then found out that we'd be served EVERYTHING on this menu. Oh my. I'll be marking the ones I like the most with a ♥. :D

New Sides!

We usually order fries to go with our wings (er, make it drums). I am so happy to see Wingstop expand their side dish menu with these new items.

Onion Rings

Loaded Nachos

Loaded Fries

Sweet Potato Chips

I've ordered the Onion Rings before, but I found it a bit oily. The crispiness is still there. Loaded Nachos and Loaded Fries come with the same cheesy sauce with a bit of salsa, but we both loved the fries more. Sweet Potato Chips is a winner for us! It has the right amount of thickness and crisp, and the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Must try!


After the sides, we were served 5 of their best-selling classic flavors.

Mango Habanero

Mango Habanero is the sweet sister of Atomic (who's just all spice to me). It has the lovely blend of spicy and sweet.

Louisiana Rub

Louisiana Rub is forever a classic favorite. It's spicy and peppery without being tongue-numbing. It's just bursting with flavor and I like it!

Hot Buffalo

It's tangy and spicy at the same time, but I'm not a fan of this flavor. Sorry.

Garlic Parmesan

Lemon Pepper

Whether you want to set your taste buds on fire, satisfy your sweet tooth, or just keep things simple, Wingstop is sure to have something in store for you. Garlic Parmesan and zesty Lemon Pepper are nice options if you're not a fan of spice.

I have a confession to make: I love chicken legs, but I disliked the wing part ever since. So whenever I would eat at Wingstop, I would order it all drumsticks (Yes, that is posssible!). During the event, wings and drums were served. Not wanting to waste the wings... I finally gave it a try. Guess what? I loved it. And I'm not trying to pull your leg or anything, but Wingstop's wings are soft and so flavorful. :O


Now on to the main highlight of the event, the #EastMeetsFlavor Asian Wings

Introducing the Asian Wings: hand breaded, made-to-order wings available in 4 flavors: Korean Soy, Spicy Soy, Honey Garlic, and Honey Barbecue.

Korean Soy

Spicy Soy

Satisfy your soy cravings through flavors seasoned with heated garlic and sesame or a lot of spice! I liked Korean Soy more. I couldn't take the heat of Spicy Soy - just one bite, and the spice lingers long inside your mouth. Are you brave enough for this? :D

Honey Garlic

Honey BBQ

If you are looking for something sweet, you can also try the unconventional honey flavor combinations mixed with garlic or smokey barbecue.

Wingstop did amazingly with their Asian wings, infusing the bold flavors of soy and garlic into the comforting tastes of honey and barbecue.

Hello, Panda! Are you enjoying your #EastMeetsFlavor wing? :3

With Krissy, whose hair I can't get over. ♥

For more information LIKE Wingstop Philippines on Facebook and FOLLOW @wingstopph on Instagram. (By the way, I'm now on Instagram as well! Follow me @luckycitrine! Such a shameless plug. Hahaha!) :D

Love,
Helen

4 comments:

  1. Those onion rings really looks nice, actually everything looks so good! I haven't heard of this place so I will have to stop by probably next month when I head to glorietta.

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, the sides are soooo good. They have a lot of other branches too. :D

      Delete
  2. Helen! Super sad i wasn't able to go to this event, got caught up at work! The food looks so good pa naman!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...