Thursday, October 1, 2015

Eye Love Pixi!

No, seriously. I love Pixi.

I've always mentioned how I didn't like my eyes for their hooded lids. There are good lid days when I can apply eyeliner evenly because the folds of my eyelids are even. Then there are bad lid days when I wake up to tiny eyelid folds that smudge up even the toughest eyeliners in minutes.

This week has been a miraculous good lid week, so I took the chance to play and practice with the eyeliners in my stash.

 
Pixi Eye Bright Liner in Nude & Endless Silky Eye Pen in Glimmery Black

I've always read in magazines to put white eyeliner on your lower waterline to make the eyes look bigger and more awake. I disagree! I've had my makeup done for a fashion show before, where the makeup artist put on me the classic black eyeliner and red lipstick look. Then, white eyeliner was applied on my lower waterline. I thought it worked and looked okay in person, but when I looked at my photos. Que horror! It was as if I was looking UP on all my photos. Never again. LOL!

After that, I've long wanted a nude eyeliner, and I found a lovely one from Pixi!

Swatches:

Pixi Eye Bright Liner in Nude | Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Glimmery Black

Pixi Eye Bright Liner in Nude is part of their permanent collection. It comes in a twist-up, retractable, precision point pen so there's no need to sharpen it. It comes in a flesh tone to enhance the eye white, resulting to larger, brighter eyes that look more awake.

Pixi Silky Endless Eye Pen in Glimmery Black is part of their Fall 2014 Collection. It's a gel liner pencil, so you get the best of both worlds! Gel liner stays put once it dries for a bit and settles, while giving you the ease of a pencil eyeliner. (No more washing of hard brushes! Yay!) This one needs sharpening though.

Both products are waterproof, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, and suitable for the most sensitive eyes.

When worn:



I love how the black liner feels so silky; it won't ever tug at your lids. Despite it being silky, it stays put! Even when my lids aren't exactly eyeliner friendly, it only smudges once my lids oil up. (Oily lids are just like oily "makeup remover". Eyeliners hate oil!) To prevent this, I apply a bit of mattifying powder on my eye area as a finishing touch to my face base, then proceed on applying eye makeup. This way, my eyeliner lasts all day! I'd prefer a jet black one with no shimmer though, it would look more friendly for everyday wear. This one I'm wearing now feels a bit more "party" with all the silver shimmer on it.

The nude liner also goes on silky! However, it becomes creamy when mixed with moisture from my waterline. A quick tip: You can use a cotton bud to wipe of the moisture first before applying this product. And, did you know that you can also use this lightly around the lips as a subtle highlighter to create the illusion of fuller, plumper lips? Think of it as a reverse lip liner! :D

Prices:
Pixi Eye Bright Liner in Nude - P840
Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Glimmery Black - P740
Available online and at selected outlets. View the list here.

Like Pixi Philippines on Facebook for more information.

Love,
Helen

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...